+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anybody been refused PR after submitting RCMP finger prints

Sarantos

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
hi all,

Has anybody been refused PR after submitting a RCMP clearance letter? They requested it and I submitted it showing no criminal record.

I’m trying to understand if I’m on my way to PPR.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
I don't think anybody whom has been refused PR under security/criminality check have had shared their experience here. It's possible if you are really in a mess. If you don't have any criminal record then you're fine. Don't get paranoid. You're almost there.

All the best,

Last edited:

lkva

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
hi all,

Has anybody been refused PR after submitting a RCMP clearance letter? They requested it and I submitted it showing no criminal record.

I’m trying to understand if I’m on my way to PPR.

Your application has to pass completeness, eligibility, criminality and security phases. PCC is only a part of the application package.

Sarantos

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Police certificate from my home country is necessary. No where in the application does it say submit RCMP for inlands . RCMP request came through as additional documents request and not everybody gets asked for it

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
Police certificate from my home country is necessary. No where in the application does it say submit RCMP for inlands . RCMP request came through as additional documents request and not everybody gets asked for it
Plenty of people with Canadian education or work experience get asked. It is not a required document when you submit application, and it is perfectly normal to get this request through ADR. And there is no reason to worry that a clean/positive RCMP clearance letter would cause any trouble. You are on your way to PPR. Good luck.

AprAOR08

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018

Hi Guys,

I had this update on my file from CIC:

"We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:
- 1231412- Applicant name XYX:
- Fingerprints: A set of original fingerprints
- Please send your original RCMP certificate by mail to the following address:"

I know RCMP Certificate has to be updated. But, I am slightly confused on what to send. Should it be just the Certificate or the fingerprints that were take from FBI along with that.

Anyone who can help with this.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

Hi Guys,

I had this update on my file from CIC:

"We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:
- 1231412- Applicant name XYX:
- Fingerprints: A set of original fingerprints
- Please send your original RCMP certificate by mail to the following address:"

I know RCMP Certificate has to be updated. But, I am slightly confused on what to send. Should it be just the Certificate or the fingerprints that were take from FBI along with that.
You have to get your prints done electronically by a certified company, and then apply for the RCMP certificate. Some companies can scan and digitize your prints if you have already done them on paper; others will just take a new (digital) set. The RCMP certificate will be sent to you, and you send it per instructions.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html

Companies like Commissaires to this - you can google your "CITYNAME CCRTIS Fingerprinting" to find a company near you.