+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Had my visa interview in Sydney office

avtar11

Dec 20, 2017
I already had my interview for my visa on 14/dec/2017, visa officer was satisfied with my interview. then very next day i received email that says i can now receive Pre-arrival service. as i only submitted normal police check (Not the federal police check ) visa officer asked me to provide federal police check and sent me requst form for it on 18/12/17 . i do have traffic offence ( driving with suspended licence and vehicle ) which i had back in 2012, it was showing on my normal police check and will defiantly show on my federal police check . does it gona make big impact on my visa ? m very scared please advise me .

Last edited:

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
I already had my interview for my visa on 14/dec/2017, visa officer was satisfied with my interview. then very next day i received email that says i can now receive Pre-arrival service. as i only submitted normal police check (Not the federal police check ) visa officer asked me to provide federal police check and sent me requst form for it on 18/12/17 . i do have traffic offence ( driving with suspended licence and vehicle ) which i had back in 2012, it was showing on my normal police check and will defiantly show on my federal police check . does it gona make big impact on my visa ? m very scared please advise me .
I cannot comment on how they view driving with a suspended licence ( I assume you were caught and given a ticket?). My partner the PA received a speeding ticket where his licence was suspended for a month, however he never drove while his licence was suspended, but his suspension showed up on his driving record which he had to submit upfront with his application. (He is from Chile). He was worried that this might make him inadmissible to come to Canada. However, I think it is a traffic violation and not a criminal offence. They have not said he is inadmissable to Canada, but more likely something this minor, they might make you do some rehab if anything. (His criminality check has been in progress since February 22 ... I don't know if this has anything to do with it).

My understanding is that they would have to determine the equivalent offence in Canada and then that would be what they would use to figure out if you are inadmissable (unlikely) or if you are needing any rehab. I would think that if they already saw it on your "normal" police check and have not made an issue out of it while they were still doing the background check, it's likely OK and submitting a federal police check is just a formality as you need a valid police certificate to enter Canada.