+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H4 Dropbox Vancouver

sunandinir

Aug 4, 2022
Hi All,

I recently dropped the documents of me and my son via Canada Post for H4 stamping to Vancouver US Consulate.

However I forgot to send them together in one package as labels were different they were sent in separate packages with respective labels on it. Is this an issue? Also i forgot to send my husband's i797 copy. Is this mandatory for H4 while the details would be available on DS160 form?

I still don't see any update on DS-160 still shows 'No Status'

July 29th - Documents received by Consulate as per Canada Post Tracking
Aig 4th - No update yet on DS 160, its still 'No Status'

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi All,

I recently dropped the documents of me and my son via Canada Post for H4 stamping to Vancouver US Consulate.

However I forgot to send them together in one package as labels were different they were sent in separate packages with respective labels on it. Is this an issue? Also i forgot to send my husband's i797 copy. Is this mandatory for H4 while the details would be available on DS160 form?

I still don't see any update on DS-160 still shows 'No Status'

July 29th - Documents received by Consulate as per Canada Post Tracking
Aig 4th - No update yet on DS 160, its still 'No Status'
Approved i797 copy of spouse is one of the mandatory documents for a H4 renewal. i think you need to wait for the update from consulate.

sunandinir

Aug 4, 2022
Hi,

Out of 2 applications that i sent me and my son for dropbox, i could see my case is updated as Application Received but below that its mentioned
Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days.
For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General Vancouver.

I sent them as drop box appoitment. Does this message indicate that they are calling for interview now?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi,

Out of 2 applications that i sent me and my son for dropbox, i could see my case is updated as Application Received but below that its mentioned
Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days.
For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General Vancouver.

I sent them as drop box appoitment. Does this message indicate that they are calling for interview now?
Thats right. Few people on this forum were asked to attend interview after sending docs. You need to book a slot now, if interview dates doesn’t show anytime soon, send an email to customer support or call them to see if they give you an earlier slot.
Was i797 copy has been added in your son’s packet?

sunandinir

Aug 4, 2022
No, I actually forgot to send i797 copy.
In other threads it was like this message is standard language. So may be I will wait for some message from consulate