+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C application

Saznuck8

Star Member
Jun 22, 2024
Hi guys
I was told by call centre that my file has been assigned to officer in Vancouver office in June 2024 due date July 25, 2024 what does that mean?

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Is usually when file assigned to officer will finalize before due date or it just system generated this dates ?
Dates are set because the systems demand dates, but if a file is assigned to a Senior decision-maker then they'll have it, and other applications as well, and there will be an "expectation" that a decision will be made in and around that due date.

Reactions: Saznuck8

Saznuck8

Star Member
Jun 22, 2024
Dates are set because the systems demand dates, but if a file is assigned to a Senior decision-maker then they'll have it, and other applications as well, and there will be an "expectation" that a decision will be made in and around that due date.
Perfect that’s make sense.
But how may I know assigned to a Senior decision maker? Cause agent just said assigned to officer not sure if he/she is a senior or not?

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Perfect that’s make sense.
But how may I know assigned to a Senior decision maker? Cause agent just said assigned to officer not sure if he/she is a senior or not?
Well, the only officer with the delegated authority to make the decision is a senior immigration officer. I think that you're likely up for a decision.

You're too big for a regular strength officer!

Reactions: Saznuck8

Saznuck8

Star Member
Jun 22, 2024
Well, the only officer with the delegated authority to make the decision is a senior immigration officer. I think that you're likely up for a decision.

You're too big for a regular strength officer!
I hope so
Thank you my dear!

Saznuck8

Star Member
Jun 22, 2024
I don’t think assigned to officer mean close to decision made
Look at here

Due Date" , most probably , means that an Immigration officer will check your file on or before due date and then take one of the following actions:
a) If reason for which due date was assigned still exists ( for ex - Missing document or CICS has not returned with results of background check etc.) , then a new "Due Date" will be assigned. OR

b) If reason for which due date was assigned does not exist, then move file to next stage.

My "Criminality Check" has due date of 28 Jan 2018 in GCMS. This was assigned on 28th Jan 2017 as my file was missing PCC.

Saznuck8

Star Member
Jun 22, 2024
Due Date" , most probably , means that an Immigration officer will check your file on or before due date and then take one of the following actions:
a) If reason for which due date was assigned still exists ( for ex - Missing document or CICS has not returned with results of background check etc.) , then a new "Due Date" will be assigned. OR

b) If reason for which due date was assigned does not exist, then move file to next stage.

My "Criminality Check" has due date of 28 Jan 2018 in GCMS. This was assigned on 28th Jan 2017 as my file was missing PCC.

Saznuck8

Star Member
Jun 22, 2024
Assigned To: Visa officer’s code name
Assigned By: Visa officer’s code name
Due Date: Date when the file will be looked at again. Sometimes called a bring forward date.

SECONDARY OFFICE(S)

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi guys
I was told by call centre that my file has been assigned to officer in Vancouver office in June 2024 due date July 25, 2024 what does that mean?

It’s called a BF date
Bring forward date
When that date comes the file will be brought forward in the officers workload