+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guys .. Require Urgent Help!! Please. - CRS score increased automatically

BBThumbHealer

Sep 23, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I had created an Express entry profile on 20th May 2017 & received ITA on July 12th 2017 with a CRS Score of 447 clearly outlined in my invitation.

Today I had submitted my application of PR and paid the fees in full. Subsequent to that, I went to view my express entry profile and the CRS score is being shown as 472 of which i wasn't even aware of. 25 additional points have been added under CRS -Skill transferability-foreign work experience.

I haven't changed any work history which was there at the time of submitting my express entry application. At the time of entering data into come to canada tool, i'd only chosen 1 year of continuous experience under my primary NOC Class O only and rest of my experience fell under NOC Class A & B. In totality, earlier my experience was more than 2 years and less than 3 years that's why i got 25 points earlier. I'm still working in the same firm under job of NOC O since past 1.3 years, and the work history has 01-06-2016 till ongoing. Could this be a reason for the increase in points as the 3 years barrier has been crossed ?

Please some one guide me at the earliest for the next steps as I have just submitted my application an hour back and don't want to face rejection .

Waiting anxiously for a revert. Thanks.

HusainS

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Bombay
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
File Transfer...
09-08-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
As long as you fill all the correct info you will be ok. If it has increased good for you. That’s a weird thing. Worrying about good stuff.

BBThumbHealer

Sep 23, 2017
Thanks Husain for a prompt reply. I'm worrying because my experience for my primary NOC under Class O is 1.5 years and in totality for O,A,B is 3 years. I'm not sure if CIC considers experience only under primary noc for FSW or the cumulative experience. From my side, i was happy with 447 also, but i don't want to lose my chance even if its 472 in case CIC considers this as misrepresentation.

Does this score automatically updates based upon the timeline in work history if its entered as present job ?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thanks Husain for a prompt reply. I'm worrying because my experience for my primary NOC under Class O is 1.5 years and in totality for O,A,B is 3 years. I'm not sure if CIC considers experience only under primary noc for FSW or the cumulative experience. From my side, i was happy with 447 also, but i don't want to lose my chance even if its 472 in case CIC considers this as misrepresentation.

Does this score automatically updates based upon the timeline in work history if its entered as present job ?
Good news, the number of points you get for valid work experience in your CRS score (not your FSW eligibility) is based on the total number of years in ALL NOC 0, A, and B work experiences that you claim. So if your claimed NOC 0, A, and B work experience in the last 10 years, together, just reached 3 years, this would probably explain the increase in your score and is probably legitimate (the fact that it's a 25 point increase in your skills transferability - foreign work experience points backs this up, as the difference between 2 and 3 years is 25 points :) )

If you're still worried though, use the tool to calculate your score again, using your updated information and years of work experience AND complete a manual calculation as well using the CIC website's explanation of how the CRS score is calculated:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

It's always a good idea to manually calculate your score and ensure it matches up with what the system is telling you, to give yourself peace of mind about your application and help pick up any mistakes in your profile :)

HusainS

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Bombay
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
File Transfer...
09-08-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Actually I’m not aware of the class you speak about. I’ve been an entrepreneur all my life. :p

As far as I can say that if you’ve clearly and honestly mentioned the timelines and class then you have nothing to worry about.

As far as I know scores do change based on timelines. Say if you crossed your birthday. Then you’ll lose points if applicable.