+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guardianship

RPU

May 9, 2014
Hello Everyone,
I am really very tough situation.My son's PR (Age 10) is in process and recently they requested Guardianship document(Under the Guardians and Wards Act, 1890).I produced them MOU(Memorandum of understanding and joint memo ) which says i am the legal guardian and my Ex-spouse don't have visiting rights. CIC is not accepting those documents. When i approached lawyers in India and Canada.Several lawyers advised me several ways some saying that Guardianship document(Under the Guardians and Wards Act, 1890) only needed for adopted children and i am the biological mother and my MOU and Joitmemo says i am legal guardian so not needed.Some said i need to contact my Ex-spouse. But i am not sure about my ex-spouse where about because my MOU and Joint memo says we should not contact each other in future in any circumstances and my ex-spouse ever don't have visiting rights. I am totally in helpless situation. Someone please help me. Also i approached local MP office to find out why CIC didn't accept and they didn't clarify them

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
RPU said:
Hello Everyone,
I am really very tough situation.My son's PR (Age 10) is in process and recently they requested Guardianship document(Under the Guardians and Wards Act, 1890).I produced them MOU(Memorandum of understanding and joint memo ) which says i am the legal guardian and my Ex-spouse don't have visiting rights. CIC is not accepting those documents. When i approached lawyers in India and Canada.Several lawyers advised me several ways some saying that Guardianship document(Under the Guardians and Wards Act, 1890) only needed for adopted children and i am the biological mother and my MOU and Joitmemo says i am legal guardian so not needed.Some said i need to contact my Ex-spouse. But i am not sure about my ex-spouse where about because my MOU and Joint memo says we should not contact each other in future in any circumstances and my ex-spouse ever don't have visiting rights. I am totally in helpless situation. Someone please help me. Also i approached local MP office to find out why CIC didn't accept and they didn't clarify them
Unless you have a court document showing you have full custody CIC will not touch this. They will not make exceptions.