+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Grocery Delivery while in quarantine

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
That is what I am asking, if anyone knows any grocery delivery service that does not require a canadian bank account like instacart
Canadian bank account is different from a credit card that can be used in Canada.
I guess you have to see if any one have done any ordering recently with different delivery services. In my area, even ubereat (usually deliver resturant food) is expending to grocery delivery.

Some times, they do not put a blanket rule if they accept foreign credit card or not. It also depends on what type of card and from which bank.
Good luck.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
That is what I am asking, if anyone knows any grocery delivery service that does not require a canadian bank account like instacart
You can use any card provided it goes through.....there are three players involved, each has own function. Aggregator like Instacart, payment processor like "moneris" and Grocery store like Superstore or save on. Provided payment is processed and have approved status, they will deliver to your address.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I have a non-canadian debit card and have been using that for all my online purchases including groceries and takeouts. Never had any problem with transactions not going through. I use Walmart grocery mainly for my groceries. Never tried instacart.

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
I've used an international forex card I carried with me from my home country (India) for the first month in Canada. I could use it on apps like Uber, Instacart and in stores like WalMart, Food Basics, Shoppers' Drug Mart and Dollarama with no problems, till I got my Canadian Bank account activated.

I assume international credit cards work on similar lines. Depending on the rules, you may incur additional charges/international exchange rates (I'm not entirely knowledgeable about this).

Reactions: wonderbly