+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Government support for PR in Canada

sanmacviv

Jun 14, 2016
Hello,
Based upon the CRS score and not having a confirmed job we do possibly get Invitation to Apply and later PR. Once I land in Canada as PR and start searching for jobs over there, does the government support financially for say 3months period until I settle down?
Is there any way a PR can apply for financial aid during initial starting days after arriving to Canada.
This situation arises because without having job offer just by the good CRS Score I would get ITA and then PR.. But then once I land in Canada definitely expenses are there until I get jobs there like housing, food, travel, communications which to some extent will be taken care from the money I bring to Canada with me.

Thanks

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
sanmacviv said:
Hello,
Based upon the CRS score and not having a confirmed job we do possibly get Invitation to Apply and later PR. Once I land in Canada as PR and start searching for jobs over there, does the government support financially for say 3months period until I settle down?
Is there any way a PR can apply for financial aid during initial starting days after arriving to Canada.
This situation arises because without having job offer just by the good CRS Score I would get ITA and then PR.. But then once I land in Canada definitely expenses are there until I get jobs there like housing, food, travel, communications which to some extent will be taken care from the money I bring to Canada with me.

Thanks
I guess you refer to unemployment benefits-, you have to work and pay into EI before you are eligible. For more info: http://www1.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/menu/eihome.shtml

karandeepwalia

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
0124/1123
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2017
LANDED..........
07/11/2017
Hi,

Post 6 months of landing if you do not fetch a job and seek govt. help. I guess they pay 600CAD per month for support and then you end up being liability on them with no guarantee of PR being renewed later on.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
sanmacviv said:
No, the Canadian government does not support you until you settle down. This is why economic immigrants, with some exceptions, must show they have sufficient proof of funds to support themselves when they initially come to Canada.