+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Government job-Crown corporation

Jul 13, 2024
Hello everyone

I have applied for PR through non express entry PNP. In one of the forms(IMM 5669), I was asked if I am working for the government. My current work is for a Canadian provincial crown corporation. I asked an immigration consultant about this and they told me to answer “No”. I have submitted my application and I am waiting for AOR which could take 4 months. Now, I am worried about my answer. Should I have answered this question with yes or my immigration consultant is right?

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Hello everyone

I have applied for PR through non express entry PNP. In one of the forms(IMM 5669), I was asked if I am working for the government. My current work is for a Canadian provincial crown corporation. I asked an immigration consultant about this and they told me to answer “No”. I have submitted my application and I am waiting for AOR which could take 4 months. Now, I am worried about my answer. Should I have answered this question with yes or my immigration consultant is right?
At the time I applied for my PR I was also working for a Provincial Crown-Corporation too and I declared that job under working for government. It is still government even though half private. In your case I would wait for them, if they noticed that is wrong they will ask you to provide another Schedule A. Nothing to worry about at this time, most of the time we are overthiking.. :)