+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got the ITA and realised I forgot to enter my middle name...

JNiro

Jul 9, 2019
So great news, I got the ITA. Wonderful!

Bad news: I realised that I, for some inexplicable reason, did not enter my middle name under "First Name(s)" and now cannot enter it.

My question is, will this be a problem, and if so, what do I do now? Do I decline the invitation and start all over again?

And yes, I realise how utterly stupid this is of me, especially when my middle name is present everywhere else, including the account name...

JNiro

Jul 9, 2019
I tweeted IRCC and they said to explain this in my Letter of Explanation. At that point, it is completely at the discretion of the officer who is handling my case whether to proceed or not. Daunting, but it is what it is.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
I tweeted IRCC and they said to explain this in my Letter of Explanation. At that point, it is completely at the discretion of the officer who is handling my case whether to proceed or not. Daunting, but it is what it is.
Click on Edit Family Information in your eAPR and you can edit the name in the application (not EE profile but eAPR). Explain this in LOE while submitting the application.

USOZ

Jul 16, 2019
I made the same stupid mistake for my EE profile, however, my e-APR has my middle name on practically everything else, including the application. I explained my middle name not being there as part of my LOE. At this point you are right, it is what it is. I’ve read here if you include the LOE and your application is complete, they usually process it anyway and ppl get the PR. Let’s hope.

ibmk