+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got rejected once. Is it safe to reapply?

kanishshret

Oct 17, 2023
I am currently in Nepal, while my parents reside in Canada. Both their permanent residency applications and mine are under process. I have a strong desire to be with my parents, so I applied for a visitor visa. Unfortunately, my application was rejected, citing that I am not yet fully financially established in my country. However, the duration of my stay and the funds I provided easily covered the intended period.

Being a student, I understand that I may not be entirely financially established. It has been two years since I last lived with them, and considering their age, they often fall ill. I am determined to be by their side.

I am now thinking of reapplying for a visa. I'm also studying in college and I'm in second year right now. I am unsure whether to apply for a student visa or strengthen my visitor visa application. I seek guidance on how to defend my documentation and what should I avoid before reapplying. Your advice on this matter would be immensely valuable. Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am currently in Nepal, while my parents reside in Canada. Both their permanent residency applications and mine are under process. I have a strong desire to be with my parents, so I applied for a visitor visa. Unfortunately, my application was rejected, citing that I am not yet fully financially established in my country. However, the duration of my stay and the funds I provided easily covered the intended period.

Being a student, I understand that I may not be entirely financially established. It has been two years since I last lived with them, and considering their age, they often fall ill. I am determined to be by their side.

I am now thinking of reapplying for a visa. I'm also studying in college and I'm in second year right now. I am unsure whether to apply for a student visa or strengthen my visitor visa application. I seek guidance on how to defend my documentation and what should I avoid before reapplying. Your advice on this matter would be immensely valuable. Thank you.
You can reapply for a TRV. No point in applying for study permit and pay international fees since you have a PR application under review. Assume you were included in your parents’ application when you were under 22.

kanishshret

Oct 17, 2023
You can reapply for a TRV. No point in applying for study permit and pay international fees since you have a PR application under review. Assume you were included in your parents’ application when you were under 22.
Yes, when applied I was 18, thank you for the recommendations, do you have any suggestions on what can be improved.