+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got "Ready for Visa" email today & have a wedding planned in two weeks

CXTina

Sep 27, 2022
I am currently working in the United States and have a job offer in Canada starting this fall. I submitted my application for Express Entry late April and my medical exam was approved in the middle of May. Today, I received a "Ready for Visa" email from IRCC looking like this:

"
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa.
STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION
STEP 2: DO YOU NEED A PERMANENT RESIDENCE VISA?
STEP 3: PREPARE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
"

I have a wedding planned in two weeks. It means my marital status will be changed then. My question is: shall I submit a web form explaining my situation now or after the wedding? In addition, in my city, the marriage certificate will only be available several weeks after the wedding, will it cause any delay if they ask me to prove my marriage? My partner is not coming with me to Canada, and I already asked him to prepare the medical exam and the police certificate, are these all materials that will be needed? (That's all I have found on the website.) Thank you!

Finally, besides this marital status change thing, I was also curious how long it usually takes to get it back after I mail the passport to them? I have different travel plans in the months to come. I need to plan ahead if I will cannot get my passport back in time.

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
Your file will be on hold if you declare it now. They will process your spouse's documents and then might send you a new visa

Reactions: CXTina

CXTina

Sep 27, 2022
Your file will be on hold if you declare it now. They will process your spouse's documents and then might send you a new visa
Thanks. I already updated them about my marital status change and am waiting for further instructions.