+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GOT PT Invite. Steps to follow after that

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Hi Experts,

I need your help. I got PT invite from OOPNP. I just need to know the steps to follow after that and what all documents to be submitted.

1. ECA copy
2. IELTS copy (Do we need to give copy or original report. read somewhere in forum we need to give original)
3. POF. Will fixed deposit which is getting matured in 3 months can be used as POF?
4. employer reference letter stating my work experience and my skills (I am outside canada with no work experience in canada. Applying as FSW)
5. regarding ontario ties I have my family (My father brother and sisters)settled as a citizen in canada,Ontario. So what all documents i need from them to include in my application.
6. I am planning to send all these in one envelope and courier to Ontario including canadian dollar in a package. So can i ask my relative to scan and email me the documents needed from there end so that I can include that as well in a same package and send everything to canada.

Appreciate your response on this.

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manhar1985 said:
Hi Experts,

I need your help. I got PT invite from OOPNP. I just need to know the steps to follow after that and what all documents to be submitted.

1. ECA copy
2. IELTS copy (Do we need to give copy or original report. read somewhere in forum we need to give original)

Copy only. Multiple confirmations received from Ontario on this.

3. POF. Will fixed deposit which is getting matured in 3 months can be used as POF?

Possibly. Provided there is no breakage clause which causes you to lose substantial amount as penalty thereby reducing the actual realized amount to less than what is required as POF. This is usually not the case so you should be ok.

4. employer reference letter stating my work experience and my skills (I am outside canada with no work experience in canada. Applying as FSW)
5. regarding ontario ties I have my family (My father brother and sisters)settled as a citizen in canada,Ontario. So what all documents i need from them to include in my application.

Copies of their PR cards should suffice. If you want to share more, you can showcase anything else which proves that they are well settled in Ontario.

6. I am planning to send all these in one envelope and courier to Ontario including canadian dollar in a package. So can i ask my relative to scan and email me the documents needed from there end so that I can include that as well in a same package and send everything to canada.

This is fine. When you say Canadian Dollar, are you planning to insert currency in the package? They won't accept cash. Send a bank instrument as instructed.

Appreciate your response on this.

Thanks

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Thanks a lot for your help. Just one doubt My relatives are citizen in canada so they i guess do hold canadian passport. So will copy of their passport will be sufficient for me to show i have ties in Ontario

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Also it is tough for me to get emplyer referral letter. So if I take a written letter from my senior in a company mentioning my skills and work experience and get it notarized by local lawyer will it be sufficient

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manhar1985 said:
Thanks a lot for your help. Just one doubt My relatives are citizen in canada so they i guess do hold canadian passport. So will copy of their passport will be sufficient for me to show i have ties in Ontario
Oops! My bad. Yes, that will do.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manhar1985 said:
Also it is tough for me to get emplyer referral letter. So if I take a written letter from my senior in a company mentioning my skills and work experience and get it notarized by local lawyer will it be sufficient
Yes again. That will do. Try and stick as closely as possible to roles and responsibilities as they appear in the NOC without copy-pasting them.

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Yes again. That will do. Try and stick as closely as possible to roles and responsibilities as they appear in the NOC without copy-pasting them.
Thanks once again. Just to be double check below are the list of documents which I need to send. Please assist me in case i am missing something

1. ECA Copy - I have it. Will send one copy of ECA
2. IELTS report- I have it. Will send one copy of report.
3.Employee referral letter - Will notarized from local lawyer of my country.
4.Family ties in Ontario- My relatives are in Canada. Will take their passport copy and address proof to show they are in Ontario. I will ask them, to scan and email me which I will include in a package along with other documents.
5. Bank Draft payable to Ministry of Finance Ontario - I will arrange this for $1500.
6. Passport copy of main applicant and all dependent- I will arrange this
7. Two photographs of main applicant - I will arrange this
8 Filled Application form- I will fill this.
9 POF : Will show some liquid cash and some FD's getting matured in 3 months time

Other than documents mentioned above , please let me know if I need to send anything more or if I am missing something.

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Also Do i need to call Ontario before sending my application or can I arrange all documents and send to them directly as in my PT letter invite it is written to call Ontario and accept the invite

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manhar1985 said:
Also Do i need to call Ontario before sending my application or can I arrange all documents and send to them directly as in my PT letter invite it is written to call Ontario and accept the invite

Thanks
Don't think they expect a call. Just get your application there in time.

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Don't think they expect a call. Just get your application there in time.
Thanks much appreciated.
Just to be double check below are the list of documents which I need to send. Please assist me in case i am missing something

1. ECA Copy - I have it. Will send one copy of ECA
2. IELTS report- I have it. Will send one copy of report.
3.Employee referral letter - Will notarized from local lawyer of my country.
4.Family ties in Ontario- My relatives are in Canada. Will take their passport copy and address proof to show they are in Ontario. I will ask them, to scan and email me which I will include in a package along with other documents.
5. Bank Draft payable to Ministry of Finance Ontario - I will arrange this for $1500.
6. Passport copy of main applicant and all dependent- I will arrange this
7. Two photographs of main applicant - I will arrange this
8 Filled Application form- I will fill this.
9 POF : Will show some liquid cash and some FD's getting matured in 3 months time

Other than documents mentioned above , please let me know if I need to send anything more or if I am missing something.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
You would be wise to include more than PR or Passport notarized copies of relatives documents. How does this show that they actually reside in Ontario? I found this : " (C) Proof that your relative is living in Canada at this time:

Proof of current residence in Canada should include: Pay slips issued to your relative by a Canadian employer in Canada, Canadian income tax documents (recent notice of assessment) credit card and bank statements from the past six months showing transactions that occurred in Canada. Utility bills and property ownership documents will not be accepted as conclusive evidence of your relatives living in Canada."

Good luck.

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Pippin said:
You would be wise to include more than PR or Passport notarized copies of relatives documents. How does this show that they actually reside in Ontario? I found this : " (C) Proof that your relative is living in Canada at this time:

Proof of current residence in Canada should include: Pay slips issued to your relative by a Canadian employer in Canada, Canadian income tax documents (recent notice of assessment) credit card and bank statements from the past six months showing transactions that occurred in Canada. Utility bills and property ownership documents will not be accepted as conclusive evidence of your relatives living in Canada."

Good luck.
Thank you

ashutoshmanohar

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
05-11-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-07-2016
Guys,
I have a question regarding the intent to reside in Ontario.
I have never been to Ontario nor have any relatives there.
Ontario's requirement and my situation is as follows:

You are required to declare your intention to reside in Ontario. You can provide a statement of intent stating your reasons to settle in Ontario and demonstrating your ties to Ontario. Examples of ties to Ontario can include, but are not limited to:

Letter on Intent - I can definitely write that my intention is to stay there as long as possible.

Supporting Documents

Job offers or jobs applied/interviewed for in Ontario - No job offers. I can apply for jobs though.
Volunteer work in Ontario - None
Lease agreements for a residence in Ontario - None
Professional networks - What exactly does this mean?
Family ties - None
Personal relationships - None

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
ashutoshmanohar said:
Guys,
I have a question regarding the intent to reside in Ontario.
I have never been to Ontario nor have any relatives there.
Ontario's requirement and my situation is as follows:

You are required to declare your intention to reside in Ontario. You can provide a statement of intent stating your reasons to settle in Ontario and demonstrating your ties to Ontario. Examples of ties to Ontario can include, but are not limited to:

Letter on Intent - I can definitely write that my intention is to stay there as long as possible.

Supporting Documents

Job offers or jobs applied/interviewed for in Ontario - No job offers. I can apply for jobs though.
Volunteer work in Ontario - None
Lease agreements for a residence in Ontario - None
Professional networks - What exactly does this mean?
Family ties - None
Personal relationships - None

If we dont have any ties in Ontario then what do we write in the letter? I had a friend in Toronto who just shifted to Quebec and he is a Canadian Citizen.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Professional Networks would be people you are in contact through work. For example, you live in another country and you have to deal with these people, or you have met them at conferences and continue to keep in touch professionally. They are people who may be able to link you with potential employers.