+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GOT PR REFUSAL for NOC 72400 without any query

vicky 012

Jul 19, 2024
I received an invitation for PR on December 19, 2023 and I have submitted all the documents before the deadline. On July 16, 2024, I received a notification of PR refusal. IRCC has not requested me to provide any supporting documents, nor any inquiry or uncertainty regarding my employment letter.

My refusal letter says 2 reason for it : "Upon review of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the one year of qualifying Canadian work experience requirement. More specifically, I am not satisfied on a balance of probabilities that you have performed the lead statement and main duties of your declared NOC for the period of employment at ****** company. The duties and responsibilities performed are not consistent with NOC 72400."

However, in my job employment letter, it has been clearly written that I have been working with ****** company since October 25, 2022 to present which is nearly 2 years. I was maintenance technician 1 from October 25, 2022 to July 21, 2023 and afterwards, I got promoted to maintenance technician 2 from July 22, 2023 to present. Also, both of these positions are in same company with almost 90% same job duties and falls under the same NOC code 72400.

Please advise me what can be done in this case? Can I appeal for reconsideration or should I directly contact IRCC or should I reapply?

Your help will be really appreciated. Thank You!!!

kuldip777

Jul 21, 2024
Hi, what did you answer in this question? DO you need any license to work in this NOC 72400?
Date ************* first became qualified to practice in this occupation

If the "primary occupation" is:

• Qualified trades occupations (five-digit codes) include occupational code 62200 and occupational codes beginning with 72, 73, 82, 83, 92, 93 and 6320 (except occupations beginning with 726 or 932).
  • any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)
(required)

vicky 012

Jul 19, 2024
DO you need any license to work in this NOC 72400? NO
Date ************* first became qualified to practice in this occupation : April, 2022 as I graduated in that month

Sukhchain11

Apr 27, 2024
I received an invitation for PR on December 19, 2023 and I have submitted all the documents before the deadline. On July 16, 2024, I received a notification of PR refusal. IRCC has not requested me to provide any supporting documents, nor any inquiry or uncertainty regarding my employment letter.

My refusal letter says 2 reason for it : "Upon review of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the one year of qualifying Canadian work experience requirement. More specifically, I am not satisfied on a balance of probabilities that you have performed the lead statement and main duties of your declared NOC for the period of employment at ****** company. The duties and responsibilities performed are not consistent with NOC 72400."

However, in my job employment letter, it has been clearly written that I have been working with ****** company since October 25, 2022 to present which is nearly 2 years. I was maintenance technician 1 from October 25, 2022 to July 21, 2023 and afterwards, I got promoted to maintenance technician 2 from July 22, 2023 to present. Also, both of these positions are in same company with almost 90% same job duties and falls under the same NOC code 72400.

Please advise me what can be done in this case? Can I appeal for reconsideration or should I directly contact IRCC or should I reapply?

Your help will be really appreciated. Thank You!!!
Hi , Did you apply for reconsideration and got any result?

Sukhchain11

Apr 27, 2024
Because my cec file was also refused in the same week and my reason was also similar, ircc didnt count my hours on applied work permit

puri021

Aug 20, 2024
If you work in Ontario or Quebec with NOC 72400, certification is voluntary :

Employment requirements
  • Completion of secondary school and training courses or a vocational program is usually required.
  • Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program or a combination of over five years of work experience and industry courses in industrial machinery repair or millwrighting is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
  • Textile machinery mechanics hired from other industries may require additional training in textile processes and experience as a textile manufacturing machinery operator.
  • Industrial mechanic (millwright) trade certification is available, but voluntary, in all provinces and territories.
  • Construction millwright trade certification is available, but voluntary, in Quebec and Ontario.
  • Industrial sewing machine mechanic trade certification is available, but voluntary, in Quebec.
  • Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified industrial mechanics or millwrights upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.