+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my work permit today but it will expire tomorrow because of my old passport.

umineko

Jan 19, 2016
So I graduated last year in June and my last passport expires tomorrow. I would able to renew my passport on Sept.6 2015 so I had to apply my PGWP before I could renew my passport. And then I received my PGWP today and it will expire tomorrow. What should I do now friends. I haven't apply for my PNP yet.

I've noticed there's a remark on my PGWP:
PGWP. Document issued to passport expiry; Must be renewed or further extension.
Is that mean I will be able to extend my work permit when I got my new passport? I've got it few months ago already. Can it be work if I just send a copy of my PGWP and both passports to the CIC work permit case processing centre to get a extension?

Oh btw I'm in Manitoba.

Thanks everyone!!!

Adii11586

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 27, 2016
Nomination.....
May 26, 2015
AOR Received.
August 17, 2015
Med's Request
March 4, 2016
Med's Done....
CIC Received (March 18, 2016)
Passport Req..
May 27, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2016 but PP received on June 10, 2016
LANDED..........
June 11, 2016
I have the same problem but I was issued for 8 months instead of complete, then I call CIC and they open my application which clearly state that I can extend my PG work Permit.

What is suggest that if its expiring tomorrow, don't waste anytime and re-apply tomorrow first thing in the morning but u only can apply paper based application with small explanation letter where you can explain why you are requesting to extend you PGWP.

If you currently working and if you re-apply CIC will received your application after one day which mean you will be out of status and on restoration.

One more suggestion, with your situation you can go for flag poling option also as it will be fast and safe if you have valid Canadian visa but if you chose this option you have to do this tomorrow as after expiring your work permit you can't do flag poling also.

If you are working and don't want to loss you job you have to throw some money by applying paper based application (CAD 255) and flag poling (CAD 255).

I hope this will help you.