+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got my PPR last night :) Quick question

fitter_happier

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Hello all,

Last night I got PPR. I just need to send on a photocopy of my passport pic page, 2 pictures of myself and the Annex sheets they provided and send it off to them.

If anyone is interested I got my AOR on May 4th.

I am wondering about how to send this off by mail though. It talks about providing a pre-paid envelope (Xpresspost from Canada post) I don't know if they want me to put everything into one envelope (including the pre-paid envelope) or if they actually want me to send all my documents in the pre-paid envelope itself? Can anyone who has done this before let me know? I am probably over thinking this but they also mention;
"DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE".

Thank you!

Reactions: mpsqra

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Buy two Xpresspost envelops.
One small for IRCC to return your document and don't write anything on it. Just take note of the tracking number as you need it for tracking when they send this back to you.
One big envelop where you put everything inside of it, including the small return envelop, then send it to IRCC

Last edited:

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hello all,

Last night I got PPR. I just need to send on a photocopy of my passport pic page, 2 pictures of myself and the Annex sheets they provided and send it off to them.

I am wondering about how to send this off by mail though. It talks about providing a pre-paid envelope (Xpresspost from Canada post) I don't know if they want me to put everything into one envelope (including the pre-paid envelope) or if they actually want me to send all my documents in the pre-paid envelope itself? Can anyone who has done this before let me know? I am probably over thinking this but they also mention;

Thank you!
The prepaid envelope is for them to use when they write back to you.

Take another envelope and put the following things into it before posting it to Canada immigration:

1. prepaid envelope
2. your passport copy (seems like you were not requested to send original passport)
3. photos
4. annex sheets

Good luck.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello all,

Thank you!
Congrats, they will help you.
write both tracking number in mind

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
Hello all,

Thank you!
First of all COngrats ..

Can you please tell us what is your current background check status after and before getting PPR ??
Is it "We are processing ........" or Not applicable..
btw I am also May 04th CEC inland applicant..

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
First of all COngrats ..

Can you please tell us what is your current background check status after and before getting PPR ??
even after getting your PPR... status would remain "We are processing ........"
Only after PP has been stamped with the visa, app status changes to Approved

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
even after getting your PPR... status would remain "We are processing ........"
Only after PP has been stamped with the visa, app status changes to Approved
so, it surely goes to "We are processing ...." before getting PPR.. ????

fitter_happier

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
First of all COngrats ..

Thanks!

So it says;

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I believe it said this before PPR as well.

fitter_happier

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Congrats :)

All documents? Originals? Won't that be very risky. What are annex sheets?
There's nothing very sensitive to be honest. I am a UK citizen so I don't need a Visa for Canada. Just an ETA. As a result I did not need to send in my actual passport like some other countries, just a photocopy of the picture page from it. Annex sheets are in the email they send when they ask for this information. It's basically just you writing down your current mailing address and signing the piece of paper. Very quick and easy to fill in.

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
so, it surely goes to "We are processing ...." before getting PPR.. ????
Yes... this status changes when you are in IP2 and stays all the way till your PP gets stamped