+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GOT ITA | Need to make sure I can claim points for remote work

gagan.196

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I just got ITA in yesterday's EE Draw. I have claimed points for 1 year work experience. I am FSW outland applicant working remotely in USA for more than a year, the company's location is also in USA. My doubt is Can I claim points for this 1 year work experience or not? Need everyone's valuable inputs on this. Any response will be appreciated. Thanks to all.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
If you can get a letter from your employer then I don't see any reason why not? There are plenty of jobs (especially post covid) which are done remotely.

Reactions: gagan.196

gagan.196

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can get a letter from your employer then I don't see any reason why not? There are plenty of jobs (especially post covid) which are done remotely.
Thanks for your response. Yes, I can get a letter from my employer. I am in the same state as my employer is, they have physical office location too but everyone is working remotely. Should I mention the office address in the experience letter or should I say working remotely? Thanks.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
The letter has to contain all contact details of the company you work for, so that would include the address. Then in the letter itself it can be mentioned that you work remotely but I'm not sure it's even necessary.
What's important is what's listed on IRCC website - so how long you've been working for the company, hours per week, salary, duties, etc. There's no mention there of your physical place of work.

Reactions: gagan.196

gagan.196

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The letter has to contain all contact details of the company you work for, so that would include the address. Then in the letter itself it can be mentioned that you work remotely but I'm not sure it's even necessary.
What's important is what's listed on IRCC website - so how long you've been working for the company, hours per week, salary, duties, etc. There's no mention there of your physical place of work.
Thank you so much for your response, your advice is really helpful. All the best to you for your application.

Reactions: AndyUK