Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-14
LANDED..........
08-11-14
Gorora:

Your experience is only counted from January 2013 to January 2014. I noted that you are applying in January 2014 - so that should be good. It is advisable to take this route, that way you will have no problems. Also what is your NOC code? and are you able to get reference letter from your employer? You would have to include your payslips with your application as you will only file your taxes next year (2014) for the 2013 year.

This is my scenario:

1. I did a two year full time programme with co-op.
2. My co-op ended in August 2012. This is when I officially ended my programme and became eligible to graduate.
3. I worked September 2012 on an off-campus work permit.
4. I then started working on my PGWP since October 2012 to date.
5. I am a Corporate Law and Tax Legal assistant. I work in a law firm and I am a direct assistant to a Senior Partner - a Lawyer.
6. My NOC is in line with my qualifications(though not necessary in the case of cec) and so my job duties and responsibilities are in
line with my NOC code.
7. My boss personally gave me a reference letter - almost 2.5 pages explaining my job duties and responsibilities, also breaking down
hours I worked on my PGWP. He also gave an explanation that payroll is run from a company owned by Senior Partners that
employ staff to offer their services to a law firm. This was because the payslips show a different company name. I used
payslips to prove the hours I did, as I only had a T4 and NOA for 2012 (Oct 2012 to Dec 2012). This also serves as proof that
I am still currently employed. (My fingers are crossed that this will be acceptable).
8. I got level 8 on my IELTS exam.

Feel free to drop me a line anytime if you need anymore assistance. It looks like your application as well as mine will be a close time frame. It will be good to help a fellow applicant in the same programme.

Garora

Dec 29, 2013
Hello Yogitacec,

Thanks for this information. I have some more questions if you could guide me on these:

1. How to know your NOC code?
2. You said your NOC is in line with your qualifications but not necessary in case of CEC, How important that is and to what extent it matters?
3. Is there any format for the reference letter that you got from your employer so you get to know the things to include in?

Thank you.

yogitacec

Star Member
Dec 21, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2014
IELTS Request
Results sent with application
Med's Request
04-07-14
Med's Done....
10-07-14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-14
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-14
LANDED..........
08-11-14
Hi Garora,

1. I am a legal assistant - so I know that my NOC code is 1242. What is your position in your company? you can then go onto the cic
website under cec and you will see the section for NOC - type in your position and you should get the code. the list of what your
job duties should be will be there. (PLEASE DO NOT COPY THIS TO YOUR REFEENCE LETTER)

2. You no longer need to work in the field of your study - you really need one year of work experience for cec.

3. Reference letter:
Confirmation that you are employed by your company.
When you started your work.
What your position is and what the NOC code is for that.
The hours that you work a week.
What your annual gross salary is and your benefits.
then your job duties and responsibilities are listed.
Your employer may include in closing a reference on your character.

This MUST be on a company letterhead. if you have your boss' business card - attach it to your letter.

If there are anymore questions - please do not hesitate to contact me.

yogitacec