Goods to follow

anonymoose

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
when I landed in Canada in October, I declared that there would be no goods to follow to the customs officers. Now I will be going on a business trip back home and, of course, I came up with quite a long list of things I forgot that I would now like to bring. How do I go about this? Can I still declare them as moving goods? Do I even need to declare anything? Do I need to pay customs fees?
Thanks!

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
This is a potentially complicated question. I expect you will have to import it following whatever rules apply to that. Check out the Canada border services website here :

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html

If you are still unsure, call them. I have found them very helpful.

Good luck

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
anonymoose said:
Hello,
when I landed in Canada in October, I declared that there would be no goods to follow to the customs officers. Now I will be going on a business trip back home and, of course, I came up with quite a long list of things I forgot that I would now like to bring. How do I go about this? Can I still declare them as moving goods? Do I even need to declare anything? Do I need to pay customs fees?
Thanks!
It is too late now to bring in these goods on a tax-exempt basis. You would have to declare them once you return to Canada, and then pay the applicable duties.