+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good news for those between 350-450

afsar9930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Hello yesterday I was listening to a webinar by one of the Immigration Lawyers. He said that he attended some gathering where CIC reps. were also present. There he was told that right now CIC is actually getting rid of the backlogs when it is done EE will be fully functional and everyone would be selected from EE. So they say there will be a score drop and they expect to send ITAs to those who stands somewhere between 350 to 450.

So there is hope.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
afsar9930 said:
Hello yesterday I was listening to a webinar by one of the Immigration Lawyers. He said that he attended some gathering where CIC reps. were also present. There he was told that right now CIC is actually getting rid of the backlogs when it is done EE will be fully functional and everyone would be selected from EE. So they say there will be a score drop and they expect to send ITAs to those who stands somewhere between 350 to 450.

So there is hope.
That would be good news for alot of people.

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would find this hard to believe sorry. Can't see it happening .

barbylonzy

Oct 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th Sept 2015
AOR Received.
5th Sept 2015
Med's Done....
Aug 2015
afsar9930 said:

So there is hope.
pls post the link of the webnair.

Thanks

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
It sounds great but I highly, highly doubt that this is going to happen. Read this article from last week:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/can-trudeau-settle-25-000-refugees-by-end-of-2015-1.2630521

Even if CIC lets every single employee work on refugee applications, I hardly think they will be able to finalize 25k applications within 2 months. According to Trudeau, this is what they will be aiming for though. That ultimately means that all other applications will be put on hold. Pre-EE as well as EE and Family Class applications. I am shattered but I honestly don't expect to see any progress here anytime soon. :'(

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
afsar9930 said:

So there is hope.
Keep bringing such news.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is speculation. And it is the classic "someone told me that their uncle's neighbor had this information from a reliable source" act.

Fact of the matter, it isn't reliable unless you can rightfully claim to have been in the room with those CIC reps (and having verified them to be indeed who they are) and having heard it from the horse's mouth and then playing that conversation out for everyone's benefit. Without that, this is just another immigration lawyer making positive predictions which is sort of expected because that's how they'll retain existing clients and get new ones to sign up for their services. Not surprised at all with their positivism but I would've probably believed them if they had said 425-450 instead. This was clearly overselling. And even that isn't surprising. The bulk of their clients are expected to be exactly those people who are unable to identify or implement the right mechanisms to push up their scores and desperately turn to them for support. It is immoral to mislead them but it makes perfect business sense for an immigration lawyer.

Caveat emptor, I would conclude.

jorgecmb

Jul 22, 2015
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
SPVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-08-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2016
It is pretty obvious that the scores will go down when CIC finishes up the backlog applications, as long as they keep the amount of immigrants visa issued every year. It is just not possible to issue 200,000+ visas every year inviting only 450+ candidates, 1,500 of them at a time. Just do the math.

On the other hand, I think it's too early to predict how much will the scores go down. There isn't just enough information out there yet.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jorgecmb said:
It is pretty obvious that the scores will go down when CIC finishes up the backlog applications, as long as they keep the amount of immigrants visa issued every year. It is just not possible to issue 200,000+ visas every year inviting only 450+ candidates, 1,500 of them at a time. Just do the math.

On the other hand, I think it's too early to predict how much will the scores go down. There isn't just enough information out there yet.
This has been explained multiple times. 250,000+ visas include all possible categories not just EE. EE would potentially contribute to probably 120,000 or so visas each year which leads us to probably 60k - 70k ITAs per year, well within the range of 2000-3000 ITAs per draw and 2 draws per month.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Asivad Anac said:
This has been explained multiple times. 250,000+ visas include all possible categories not just EE. EE would potentially contribute to probably 120,000 or so visas each year which leads us to probably 60k - 70k ITAs per year, well within the range of 2000-3000 ITAs per draw and 2 draws per month.
Agreed. This has been explained more times than I can count.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
afsar9930 said:

So there is hope.
even though i doubt the authenticity of this I am glad this was shared and it gives me great hope

sameer_mobin

Aug 17, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2017
Med's Request
Upfront-Passed (3-Feb-2017)
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
I appreciate the hope given by forum member and also by other members who are just trying to realistic to not to get our hope too high.

However, I read it on someother thread and it sums it up perfectly that we are only thinking that it won't come down below 450 as it hasn't fallen below 450 yet.

I agree that 489 is too high and it may take time for CRS to fall back to or below 450 but we all gotta be patient and wait our turns. :)

So I believe all above 400 should remain optimistic, but at the same time try their best to improve score, if it could be.

bc_canada

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
That is speculation. And it is the classic "someone told me that their uncle's neighbor had this information from a reliable source" act.

Fact of the matter, it isn't reliable unless you can rightfully claim to have been in the room with those CIC reps (and having verified them to be indeed who they are) and having heard it from the horse's mouth and then playing that conversation out for everyone's benefit. Without that, this is just another immigration lawyer making positive predictions which is sort of expected because that's how they'll retain existing clients and get new ones to sign up for their services. Not surprised at all with their positivism but I would've probably believed them if they had said 425-450 instead. This was clearly overselling. And even that isn't surprising. The bulk of their clients are expected to be exactly those people who are unable to identify or implement the right mechanisms to push up their scores and desperately turn to them for support. It is immoral to mislead them but it makes perfect business sense for an immigration lawyer.

Agreed 100%

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
Asivad Anac said:

I would agree with this.

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
score might fall down tp 420 - 430 ,OPNP might stop giving PNP in DEC and Jan, as they dont process application in those two month. So score might fall down by end of nov and in dec(just my thought, ppl can ignore if they want). Hope for best guys.