+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GOOD NEWS!!! Bill C-6 Citizenship Act was passed in second reading

kidbroker

Feb 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 1st 2016
Pre-PR time credit will restore for up to 1 year towards 3 years citizenship residency requirement

kidbroker

Feb 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 1st 2016
noba el king said:
Excuse me I don't understand can you explain with example?
This is the best case scenario:
Say you became PR on Jan 1st, 2016 and you first entry to Canada was exactly two years ago on Jan 1st, 2014;

Then when you apply for Citizenship, the two year pre-PR time will be eligible for 1 year of residency time credit.
or Every 1 day spent in Canada before PR counts 1/2 day towards Citizenship residency time requirement for up to an year.

Hope this helps, and of course this bill is not finalized, the effective date will only be available after its royal assent.

dj996633 said:
htps://openparliament.ca/votes/42-1/32/
Thanks dj996633, this is the exact link that I forgot to mention.

noba el king

Star Member
Jan 3, 2016
kidbroker said:
This is the best case scenario:
Say you became PR on Jan 1st, 2016 and you first entry to Canada was exactly two years ago on Jan 1st, 2014;

Then when you apply for Citizenship, the two year pre-PR time will be eligible for 1 year of residency time credit.
or Every 1 day spent in Canada before PR counts 1/2 day towards Citizenship residency time requirement for up to an year.

Hope this helps, and of course this bill is not finalized, the effective date will only be available after its royal assent.

Thanks dj996633, this is the exact link that I forgot to mention.
thank you for your response I understood it but what you said is activated now

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
noba el king said:
thank you for your response I understood it but what you said is activated now
No - it's not activated now. As explained above, the bill still needs to pass royal assent.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
This is some rather premature excitement.

The bill passed second reading, now this will happen:

- The committee will discuss the bill and maybe propose adjustments. The committee votes on a recommendation.
- The bill goes back to the Commons for the third reading where all these propositions will be discussed
- The bill has to pass the third reading in the Commons
- The bill goes to the Senate
- The bill has to pass the first reading in the Senate
- The bill has to pass the second reading in the Senate
- The bill has to pass the third reading in the Senate
- The bill has to receive Royal Assent
- The bill needs to be published in the Canada Gazette
- The Government has to decide by Order-in-Council that the new 3/5 rule comes into effect.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
spyfy said:
This is some rather premature excitement.

The bill passed second reading, now this will happen:

- The committee will discuss the bill and maybe propose adjustments. The committee votes on a recommendation.
- The bill goes back to the Commons for the third reading where all these propositions will be discussed
- The bill has to pass the third reading in the Commons
- The bill goes to the Senate
- The bill has to pass the first reading in the Senate
- The bill has to pass the second reading in the Senate
- The bill has to pass the third reading in the Senate
- The bill has to receive Royal Assent
- The bill needs to be published in the Canada Gazette
- The Government has to decide by Order-in-Council that the new 3/5 rule comes into effect.
Totally agree.

It is also worth mentioning that most probably the amount of time between the Royal Assent and the actual enforcement of the 3/5 rule , will be far greater than the whole process from the First reading in the Commons until the Royal Assent.

laila

Apr 25, 2013
please let me know if this is true

http://canadatopimmigration.com/good-news-bill-c-6-just-approved-by-parliament/

ll C-6 was just approved by Parliament.
Bill C-6 Highlights:
1. Physical Presence in Canada 3 years in the last 5 years before the application date.
2. No intent to reside in Canada after Citizenship is granted.
3. Remove the grounds for the revocation of Canadian citizenship that relate to national security.
4. To have knowledge of Canada and of one of its official languages to applicants between the ages of 18 and 54.

By parastoo moradian|March 23rd, 2016|Canada Immigration News|Comments Off on Good News Bill C-6 just approved by Parliament.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
laila said:
please let me know if this is true

http://canadatopimmigration.com/good-news-bill-c-6-just-approved-by-parliament/

ll C-6 was just approved by Parliament.
Bill C-6 Highlights:
1. Physical Presence in Canada 3 years in the last 5 years before the application date.
2. No intent to reside in Canada after Citizenship is granted.
3. Remove the grounds for the revocation of Canadian citizenship that relate to national security.
4. To have knowledge of Canada and of one of its official languages to applicants between the ages of 18 and 54.

By parastoo moradian|March 23rd, 2016|Canada Immigration News|Comments Off on Good News Bill C-6 just approved by Parliament.
It will be true and effective most probably next year. As of now NOT TRUE

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Politren said:
Totally agree.

It is also worth mentioning that most probably the amount of time between the Royal Assent and the actual enforcement of the 3/5 rule , will be far greater than the whole process from the First reading in the Commons until the Royal Assent.
Agreed. We all know that CIC can move as slow as molasses. I'd say it is far more likely that my wife will apply under the 4/6 rule than the 3/5

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
keesio said:
Agreed. We all know that CIC can move as slow as molasses. I'd say it is far more likely that my wife will apply under the 4/6 rule than the 3/5
Sorry I don't understand the meaning of molasses , but I guess that it's something slow as CIC :)

Yes most probably the 4/6 rule will stay active until sometime in 2017.

dabas

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Politren and others, will the time spent as PR beyond the 3/5 if I were PR say 8 years ago count towrads citizenship at 1/2 as well?