+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going to get Married this year, should I want till Married or can I apply now?

mavdev

Jan 1, 2017
I will be getting married later this year but I ideally do not want to wait till then to apply and submit my Express Entry profile.

Would I face any problem if my Marital Status changes once I have submitted the EE Application?

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
No. If you haven’t received an ITA yet, you can change your marital status anytime and there is no impact, except that your CRS will be changed when you indicate your spouse as accompanying.

mavdev

Jan 1, 2017
No. If you haven’t received an ITA yet, you can change your marital status anytime and there is no impact, except that your CRS will be changed when you indicate your spouse as accompanying.
What if I get my ITA soon? Does that mean I should not get married till the final PR comes? That's my concern.

bmr

Jan 30, 2015
I will be getting married later this year but I ideally do not want to wait till then to apply and submit my Express Entry profile.

Would I face any problem if my Marital Status changes once I have submitted the EE Application?
I believe you may need to update ur EE profile for the new changes in family ( spouse details). In case wish to get more points , spouse can also go for ECA , IELTS as well . Plus you need to show more funds as well for two people.

bmr

Jan 30, 2015
What if I get my ITA soon? Does that mean I should not get married till the final PR comes? That's my concern.
When you get married , for that time , please update CIC by spending a separate email through Webform or you can call them as well.
When we had baby , we updated for the new status . We missed to include baby detail in EE profile and we got ITA and later we tried to inlcude by sending separate email with Letter of explanation( LOE) . LOE is is required once you ITA and you need to submit your documents that time you can update through LOE as well.

bmr

Jan 30, 2015
When you get married , for that time , please update CIC by sending a separate email through Webform or you can call them as well.
When we had baby , we updated for the new status . We missed to include baby detail in EE profile and we got ITA and later we tried to inlcude by sending separate email with Letter of explanation( LOE) . LOE is is required once you ITA and you need to submit your documents that time you can update through LOE as well.
re read as sending...

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
You can get married anytime you wish and you can add your spouse before or after AOR (submission of e-APR).

If you get married before AOR, your CRS will be recalculated accordingly if you specify as accompanying.

You must get married first before you submit your e-APR if you wish to claim points from your spouse’s education, language and work experience, but you’ll need to provide ECA, IELTS, and work reference letter of your spouse, respectively.

Accompanying or not, before or after AOR, you will still need to provide PCC and medical for spouse. The only difference for non-accompanying is you will not pay the RPRF :)

The key here is to update your marital status once you are married, it does not matter when, it could also be when you already got the COPR and has not landed yet. Not adding your spouse when you are actually married is a form of misrepresentation.

Hope it helps.

Last edited: