Going to Canada as a tourist while waiting for my permanent resident visa

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harry_aussie said:
Dear Cedricinbrussels,

You dont need a visa to visit Canada in case you are Belgium national. You dont need to notify VO but you might need to have someone to pass on the correspondence from VO.
I agree.. been in and out Canada many times during the application process. Since I do not need a visa to visit the States and Canada, there was and is no problem. At customs, they never asked questions, except for enjoy your stay in Canada.

MontréalSW

Dec 22, 2015
Badal789 said:
Hello Avdimond,
Last year I visited Canada as a visitor. I was given multiple entry visa which took only 5 days to obtain Canadian visa. After entering into Canada from USA I went to USA and then again to Canada. Later I went to USA again.
It is really a good idea to visit Canada before settle there so one can plan accordingly. As I remember CIC also encourages to do so. Remember to provide file no. on the visa application form. No need to inform VO before travelling but mandatory to inform VO within 6 months after the visit. Earlier I visited Canada but did not inform VO that I found in the CAIPS note.
During visit on a visit visa no use to contact for jobs.
Hello Badal789,

I applied for Canada Permanent Residence and I am already on the Federal Stage, and I am very interested to visit Canada before receiving Permanent Residence. Now reading your post, could you please tell me how you inform VO whithin six months that you visited Canada? Do you send them a letter via Regular Mail? E-Mail? Which details should we include?

Also, in case someone knows, is it possible that visiting Canada on a Temporary Resident Visa before obtaining Permanent Residence negatively affects Permanent Residence application?

Thanks in advance for your help. It would be extremely useful for me to visit Canada before settling there, but have these doubts.

MontréalSW