+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Go ahead with OINP application or not ?

willitwork

Nov 30, 2015
Hello All,

First of all many thanks for being there to guide!

CRS score of my spouse is 402.
He received Ontario PT on Nov 28th.
We want to fillout the OINP application form and send.
After having gone through the guidelines, we doubt if it might be a futile attempt as his age will increase next mid April and scores will drop down to 397.

Application guide states that CRS shouldnot drop below 400 during any stage of processing be it OINP or applying for PR.
Am i reading it right. Please guide me if i am wrong and should he go ahead with the application?

Thanks

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
willitwork said:
Hello All,

After having gone through the guidelines, we doubt if it might be a futile attempt as his age will increase next mid April and scores will drop down to 397.

Application guide states that CRS shouldnot drop below 400 during any stage of processing be it OINP or applying for PR.
Am i reading it right. Please guide me if i am wrong and should he go ahead with the application?

Thanks
OINP is lenient if your application has been submitted in time and you have received an AOR before you loose your 5 points cause of age change.

Few applicants have faced the similar situation and have received the Ontario nomination even though there age caused them to loose 5 points and fall below 400 mark.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
willitwork said:
Hello All,

Thanks
Usually, OINP (even CIC) is lenient with points drop due to Age. If you apply and they acknowledge before age drops, you should be good to go.

willitwork

Nov 30, 2015
Those were prompt responses :)

I had sent PEI PNP application 2 months back and di dnot hear from them.
Last week I and my spouse deleted old profiles,created new ones to try our luck to be selected by ON.
My spouse's got picked.

Can i send PEI PNP application again?Is it some sort of violation?

Thanks in advance

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
willitwork said:
Those were prompt responses :)

I had sent PEI PNP application 2 months back and di dnot hear from them.
Last week I and my spouse deleted old profiles,created new ones to try our luck to be selected by ON.
My spouse's got picked.

Can i send PEI PNP application again?Is it some sort of violation?

Thanks in advance
You might wanna withdraw your old application to PEI, cos you can't use that EE profile again.
If you're still interested, then send them another application.

rubyavi

Jul 24, 2016
Hii there. Today is my birthday and I am facing the same issue. Could someone guide me who underwent the same situation. I received AOR as well as Fee receipt deducting $1500 last week. It was 400. Today it dropped to 395. Would it impact my OINP?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
rubyavi said:
Hii there. Today is my birthday and I am facing the same issue. Could someone guide me who underwent the same situation. I received AOR as well as Fee receipt deducting $1500 last week. It was 400. Today it dropped to 395. Would it impact my OINP?
You need not worry for fall in points due to age. Please find below the email that OINP sent an applicant who enquired about the same.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to your recent correspondence:

A candidate who reports an age difference between the time they receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) from OINP and the time a decision is to be made by OINP officers for their application could lose CRS points that had been awarded to them for their age and for FSW points, which are criteria under the Human Capital Priorities Stream of our program, and those are the criteria under which applications under this stream are assessed.

In that circumstance, an applicant will not be automatically disqualified for nomination. OINP will take into consideration the age changed after NOI by using the age at NOI as our parameter for assessment, but at the same time, applicants must continue qualifying under all other criteria.

Thank you for your interest in our program.