+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GIFT DEED from Mother and Father

smalik32

May 12, 2024
can my father and mother both transfer 20000 CAD to my new account as a gift deed . will it be acceptable if i applied for canada study visa after a day of transfer and I only have this amount in my newly created account (as my previous account has less limit to save the money and also i dont have enough money in that account)??

pte2156

Aug 6, 2024
Are you planning to proof the funds available to you by your own account, which contains 40k in CAD? If your parents are going to support your education and living expenses in Canada, then showing their own incomes and funds would be more appropriate. Instead, you can ask your parents to apply for a GIC account from any banks in Canada and deposit the amount required (about 21k CAD). This will support your application greatly.

smalik32

May 12, 2024
I had attached the sponsorship letter from my mother previously but my visa get rejected and the reason was the financial assets are not enough to support . so someone suggested that visa officer wants surety that I have direct access on these liquid amount. so now my father sold his car and want to give me the money worth 15k CAD as a gift deed, while my mother also want to shift the money of worth 6k CAD as a gift deed to my newly created accout and then i will show their bank statements and my bank draft as a proof of funds. I have the professor funding letter of worth 25k also. but I still get rejected, I am just worried so plan this strategy.

pte2156

Aug 6, 2024
How much funds are available for you totally in CAD? It's better to state an amount that will cover all the expenses you'll have during the study (Tuition payments for the whole program + around 21k every year)

smalik32

May 12, 2024
How much funds are available for you totally in CAD? It's better to state an amount that will cover all the expenses you'll have during the study (Tuition payments for the whole program + around 21k every year)
Sorry for the late response. I have 20,000 dollars in my account which is the money transfer from my mother and father, as I m applying for quebec where living expenses according to IRCC is 15078 CAD, and I am exempt from the additional fee. But I have to pay 6000 CAD during first year and prof has also given me the letter today with the increased scholarship funding of worth 30 k . I am confused,
1) what documents do I need to attach with the gift deeds and now is there any need to attach sponsorship letter from my mother or this money is enough?