+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting work experience with Working holiday - Express Entry

Phil189

Nov 9, 2016
Hi, i have a question reguarding the required one year of canadian work experience in order to be eligible for the skilled workers program. I recently got an invitation for a working holiday which is a great opportunity to get some initial experience in my work field ( type A job). However since the working holiday program only lasts 12 months and i need to wait for 3 months between my first and second IEC application, my question is what would be the best way to get that one full year of continuous work experience in the same job. Could i manage to achieve that in any way? What if i work a couple of months in two separate jobs but in the same type A job cathegory ?

Thank you for any help.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phil189 said:
Hi, i have a question reguarding the required one year of canadian work experience in order to be eligible for the skilled workers program. I recently got an invitation for a working holiday which is a great opportunity to get some initial experience in my work field ( type A job). However since the working holiday program only lasts 12 months and i need to wait for 3 months between my first and second IEC application, my question is what would be the best way to get that one full year of continuous work experience in the same job. Could i manage to achieve that in any way? What if i work a couple of months in two separate jobs but in the same type A job cathegory ?

Thank you for any help.
For CEC the one year of skilled work experience in Canada does not have to be continuous.

Yes, you can achieve it.