+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting spouse to Canada after marriage

rexstefan

Feb 13, 2018
Greetings Everyone,

I have few questions regarding sponsoring my spouse to bring her to canada and the similar questions have been posted earlier but I need some clear answers as I am too confused with what to do.

I am residing in Canada and my PR application is in process which I expect to get in a month time. I am getting married in Jan 2020 and I would like to get my spouse to Canada at the earliest.

#1. As I will be having the marriage certificate only after Jan 2020, Will I be allowed to apply for sponsoring my spouse only after getting marriage certificate?
#2. If that is the case, how long it would take to process?
#3. Can I bring her along after marriage in Visitor visa and sponsor her at the same time?
#4. If visitor visa is not applicable, is there any other ways to bring my wife to Canada as early as possible after our marriage.

I am really in need of desperate help and kindly require your valuable suggestions to plan my marriage and other processes accordingly. I really thank everyone in advance.

Regards,
Rex

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
Greetings Everyone,

I have few questions regarding sponsoring my spouse to bring her to canada and the similar questions have been posted earlier but I need some clear answers as I am too confused with what to do.

I am residing in Canada and my PR application is in process which I expect to get in a month time. I am getting married in Jan 2020 and I would like to get my spouse to Canada at the earliest.

#1. As I will be having the marriage certificate only after Jan 2020, Will I be allowed to apply for sponsoring my spouse only after getting marriage certificate?
#3. Can I bring her along after marriage in Visitor visa and sponsor her at the same time?
#4. If visitor visa is not applicable, is there any other ways to bring my wife to Canada as early as possible after our marriage.

I am really in need of desperate help and kindly require your valuable suggestions to plan my marriage and other processes accordingly. I really thank everyone in advance.

Regards,
Rex
1. Yes
2. published time is an average of 12 month. can take shorter or longer time, each case is different and no one can give you a definite timeline.
3. Yes. you can decide if you wish to apply as inland or outland. suggest reading through how these are different and decide how you would wanna go about it.
4. No.

rexstefan

Feb 13, 2018
1. Yes
2. published time is an average of 12 month. can take shorter or longer time, each case is different and no one can give you a definite timeline.
3. Yes. you can decide if you wish to apply as inland or outland. suggest reading through how these are different and decide how you would wanna go about it.
4. No.
Thank you so much for your quick response and for clarifying my questions. I would definitely read about both inland and outland and find out which one would suite the best.

One further question regarding visitor visa if you have some idea about it. While applying for visitor visa, mentioning that her spouse already in Canada would lead to any rejection?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Thank you so much for your quick response and for clarifying my questions. I would definitely read about both inland and outland and find out which one would suite the best.

One further question regarding visitor visa if you have some idea about it. While applying for visitor visa, mentioning that her spouse already in Canada would lead to any rejection?
Yes, because the CIC would assume your spouse would just stay in Canada versus going home

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
One suggestion, apply for her visitor visa before the marriage because her chances of getting one after are very low and you will be left with no choice but to apply Outland. Work on putting all the required documents together and apply for a TRV first then go from there

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Greetings Everyone,

Regards,
Rex
Getting visitors visa after marriage is going to be tough as in most cases IRCC is not convinced of the spouse leaving the country before expiry of the visa. The only way they’ll issue one is if the spouse demonstrates extreme ties to the country and specifies a reason where she absolutely must go back to her home country. Rejection rates are high for spouses unfortunately.