+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting permanent residency without a degree..?

tontizzle

Jun 25, 2011
How hard is this??

I'm 25 and have 8 years work experience behind me. I've worked in sales (supervisor positions), advertising sales (running a team) and fast food (store managment) as well as much more. I've always worked hard and done well. I'll also (hopefully) be doing a FAS Busniness management course soon.

Otherwise I have no qualifications.... never needed college, just worked hard! But now I'm worried this might make my route to permanent residency difficult?

Im going to Calgary because they have a worker shortage.... and because its a stunning looking place And I am willing to work in anything, once I get my foot in the door I'll work my way up.

I'll have a second year IEC already applied for before I go and I plan to apply in the provincial nominee route. How hard would this be, I'm assuming they would still want to prove there is no Canadian to do the job. Would I better apply in a specific sector or role.... one Canadians are less likely to do or there is shortage in?

This is a great site for information. There's no other forum for Irish in Canada!