+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting of Permanent Resident Card

Clika

Feb 19, 2010
My application was approved and I'm going to Canada soon. I know that I will need to get PR Card.

It says on CIC website: "If you are applying to immigrate to Canada, you do not need to apply for a card using the process on this page. Your Permanent Resident Card will be issued to you as part of the immigration process".

What should I do now? Do I need to collect any documents, photos to apply for the card or it's ready and I'm gonna get it after arrival?

Those who already landed please describe the process of arrival and getting permanent resident card.

Thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Clika said:
My application was approved and I'm going to Canada soon. I know that I will need to get PR Card.

It says on CIC website: "If you are applying to immigrate to Canada, you do not need to apply for a card using the process on this page. Your Permanent Resident Card will be issued to you as part of the immigration process".

What should I do now? Do I need to collect any documents, photos to apply for the card or it's ready and I'm gonna get it after arrival?

Those who already landed please describe the process of arrival and getting permanent resident card.

Thanks in advance.
When you arrive at a Port of Entry to "land", the PR card is processed at the same time. You don't need any additional documents . The card will be mailed to a Canadian address in about a month.

PMM

Clika

Feb 19, 2010
PMM, thanks a lot for your help!

I also needed to know:

1)Do I need to take photos for a card before I get to the customs?

2)Can I open a PO box in Canada and provide it to them so they could send the PR Card to my PO box? If not, are there may be lawyers whose address I can use to get my card (of cause I'm gonna pay them)?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Clika said:
PMM, thanks a lot for your help!

I also needed to know:

1)Do I need to take photos for a card before I get to the customs?

2)Can I open a PO box in Canada and provide it to them so they could send the PR Card to my PO box? If not, are there may be lawyers whose address I can use to get my card (of cause I'm gonna pay them)?

Thanks
1. No, you shouldn't need additional photos.
2. CIC won't send a PR card to PO boxes.

PMM