+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

getting my boyfriend to Canada from the states, help

taydersxo

Apr 25, 2016
i met my boyfriend online two years ago, we started dating in January and he wants to move to Canada. We are trying to figure out what our best choice is to get him here the fastest. He is a chef and he's gone to college for it, he works full time and has been working for 6+ years. He has $15,000 in the bank saved. He will be moving to live with me and He has a job offer at a local restaurant where I live. Help please !

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taydersxo said:
i met my boyfriend online two years ago, we started dating in January and he wants to move to Canada. We are trying to figure out what our best choice is to get him here the fastest. He is a chef and he's gone to college for it, he works full time and has been working for 6+ years. He has $15,000 in the bank saved. He will be moving to live with me and He has a job offer at a local restaurant where I live. Help please !
First things first.

1) Ask him to do an English Language Test. Without this you can't even start creating an Express Entry profile. (Some language centers; CELPIP, IELTS)
2) Does he have any foreign qualifications? If yes get them evaluated (Google 'WES' and ask him to send his qualifications)
3) complete the 'Come To Canada Tool' (after English test results in hand) (http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp)
4) Determine his CRS points score and enter the Express Entry pool
5) Hopefully his CRS score is high enough to get him an Invitation To Apply for Permanent Residence

Other options:
1) If he has CRS of over 400 he may be eligible to apply for 'Ontario Provincial Nominee Program'
2) If restaurant wants to fast track him, they can apply for a 'Labor Market Impact Assessment' for your boyfriend

Please Note: Immigration to Canada can be a long process. Don't waste any time in getting organized for this.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Spousal sponsorship takes 16 months with CIC right now. If he already has a job offer, it can be much faster than that.