+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married and having a baby after receiving COPR before landing

AustinX

Oct 28, 2021
Hi all
I got my COPR in Feb 2021 (through EE) and it expires in Feb 2022. I am currently in USA with H1B but visa stamp was expired.
I got married in March 2021 and got a baby in October 2021, in USA. My wife also applied for EE on her own before marriage, but her case is still in progress.
I contacted the ircc with webform about family status changes, but no response. I tried to call but they say they are prioritizing the Afghanistan issue and cannot take my call.

My questions are:
1: Can I enter Canada with my copr? I am planning to enter myself.
2: If not, what is the next step for my case?

Thank you in advance!

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi all
I got my COPR in Feb 2021 (through EE) and it expires in Feb 2022. I am currently in USA with H1B but visa stamp was expired.
I got married in March 2021 and got a baby in October 2021, in USA. My wife also applied for EE on her own before marriage, but her case is still in progress.
I contacted the ircc with webform about family status changes, but no response. I tried to call but they say they are prioritizing the Afghanistan issue and cannot take my call.

My questions are:
1: Can I enter Canada with my copr? I am planning to enter myself.
2: If not, what is the next step for my case?

Thank you in advance!
@AustinX You cannot enter Canada now as your family composition has changed and the current COPR will have to be cancelled. As you have already raised a webform, you can wait for IRCC to respond to you.

Also, if you are aware of your primary visa office, you can email them. All the best!

Reactions: AustinX

AustinX

Oct 28, 2021
@AustinX You cannot enter Canada now as your family composition has changed and the current COPR will have to be cancelled. As you have already raised a webform, you can wait for IRCC to respond to you.

Also, if you are aware of your primary visa office, you can email them. All the best!
Thank you!
I found my CPOR and PR visa was issued at CPC-OTTAWA, so this is my primary visa office, correct?