+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after medicals are completed and before Passport is requested

whoopy_whale

May 4, 2012
Hi,

I'm currently working in USA in a non immigrant skilled visa for the last three and half years.
My fiancee has applied for PR under Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program and her medical tests are completed and waiting for the Visa office to request her passport for stamping Visa.

Now, during this time we got married in our home country.

Can some one kindly explain the steps to be taken now?

She will have to notify the office that her status is changed.
She will also have to get my police clearance certificate from my home country and USA along with my educational documents.

Am I missing something?

Kindly respond.

BT_boy

Jun 6, 2012
Hi Sir,

May sagot na ba about sa questions mo? If meron, paadvise anong nangyari.. Thanks in advance

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
whoopy_whale said:
Hi,

I'm currently working in USA in a non immigrant skilled visa for the last three and half years.
My fiancee has applied for PR under Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program and her medical tests are completed and waiting for the Visa office to request her passport for stamping Visa.

Now, during this time we got married in our home country.

Can some one kindly explain the steps to be taken now?

She will have to notify the office that her status is changed.
She will also have to get my police clearance certificate from my home country and USA along with my educational documents.

Am I missing something?

Kindly respond.
It's mandatory that you contact CIC for the change in your status, per their directives, some of which are included in your AOR. A CIC call centre agent will advise on your next steps.

BT_boy

Jun 6, 2012
Thank you for the advise. However, now a days, they are saying that immigration is now strict and may reject your application. For instance, if someone received the notice for medical and CIC has given him a month to process, can he delay the medical and get married? will this affect his application?

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
BT_boy said:
Thank you for the advise. However, now a days, they are saying that immigration is now strict and may reject your application. For instance, if someone received the notice for medical and CIC has given him a month to process, can he delay the medical and get married? will this affect his application?
To the best of my knowledge, they have no grounds of rejecting your application based on a status change. If they become suspicious, you can always demonstrate that you had genuine intentions in getting married or that you had to absolutely get married. CIC agents follow decreed guidelines, which I believe are available online. Thus, they would be the best source of advisability. Please, contact them rather than indulge in wishful thinking.

BT_boy

Jun 6, 2012
Hi Empirical-Scientist,

Thank you. So this one month deadline given to me can be ignored as long as they are aware? All deadlines in general? I sent them email regarding this and told me they don't counsel applicants for advise.

So I can still pursue the marriage even I have completed the medical?