+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting information about whether my application was flagged and why

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I am getting a feeling that my application was flagged for extra scrutiny for either Prohibitions or Presence or maybe something else, but I was not able to find out why.

It has been in processing for almost 23 month now, with no updates in 14 months.
According to GCMS notes, in February 2023, 11 months after I passed the test, it was referred from L1 to L2, and was ready for a review by a PM03 officer.
There was a deadline of April 1, which has successfully passed without any updates.

Did anybody have any success finding out what is going on in this kind of a situation?
I tried sending webforms, calling, and contacted the MP office, but wasn't able to get anything out of them, other than LPP are actually "not started" as in ATIP notes, rather than "in progress" as it is stated in the tracker.

Maybe there is some special way to make an ATIP request or send a webform that would provide this information?
I feel that this may be very useful: if the reason it was flagged is not relevant anymore, like not having a permanent address right after landing, reapplying would be a lot faster than waiting for a senior officer to have a look at my application in a year or 2. If I need legal representation, it is better to know sooner as well.

Refugeee

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
You're not the only one..
Welcome to the "Limbo" club.
I've been there ever since waiting for eternity... Test passed and nothing else done.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
You're not the only one..
Welcome to the "Limbo" club.
I've been there ever since waiting for eternity... Test passed and nothing else done.
How long is the eternity in your case? Have you tried anything to get things to move?