+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting FBI police certificate

McClane

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm getting ready to hopefully apply for Citizenship in early December. I travel a lot to the USA, so I had to get an FBI police certificate. I took the fingerprints in one of those trips and then mailed everything from Canada (hopefully that is not an issue). All this happened in late September. Current processing time is between 12-14 weeks, so I still have some time to wait.

Is getting the certificate the only way to the process is moving? I keep an eye on my credit card under the assumption that once I see the charge it means the certificate is done. Anyone has experience with this?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
McClane said:
I'm getting ready to hopefully apply for Citizenship in early December. I travel a lot to the USA, so I had to get an FBI police certificate. I took the fingerprints in one of those trips and then mailed everything from Canada (hopefully that is not an issue). All this happened in late September. Current processing time is between 12-14 weeks, so I still have some time to wait.

Is getting the certificate the only way to the process is moving? I keep an eye on my credit card under the assumption that once I see the charge it means the certificate is done. Anyone has experience with this?
You can track the timeline for getting pcc from fbi in the below thread.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fbi-pcc-t247817.4740.html

Not sure if you have applied for fbi pcc earlier for pr but a note is that the credit card charge for processing doesnt mean your prints are good enough to process. Some sticky software they have nowadays which rejects many of the guys prints. So hopefully your prints are good enough.

McClane

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your replies. My credit card was charged a couple of days ago. Hopefully the fingerprints were good and I receive the certificate soon. I took them in a very professional place, so I'm optimistic.

If there was an issue, would they send me a letter explaining?

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Guys, should we send the SEALED ENVELOPE of the FBI background check result to CIC? Or can I open it and send the letter itself (not sealed any more) ?

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Guys, should we send the SEALED ENVELOPE of the FBI background check result to CIC? Or can I open it and send the letter itself (not sealed any more) ?
You can open it and check it for accuracy and then simply fold the watermarked coverpage overleaf (don't unstaple it or pull that page off) before enclosing the original with your citizenship application.