corrheag

May 26, 2019
Toronto
App. Filed.......
09-19-2019
AOR Received.
11-25-2019
Hi there,

Sorry if this seems like a redundant question.

I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my American spouse for PR. I included the biometrics in the total fee. We sent their application on September 19, 2019, and finally received an AOR on November 25, 2019. Our account is linked to GCKey. My spouse is supposed to be travelling in a few weeks. That said, Is it possible to get the biometrics done before actually getting notification from IRCC to do biometrics?

Thank you in advance.

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Hi there,

Sorry if this seems like a redundant question.

I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my American spouse for PR. I included the biometrics in the total fee. We sent their application on September 19, 2019, and finally received an AOR on November 25, 2019. Our account is linked to GCKey. My spouse is supposed to be travelling in a few weeks. That said, Is it possible to get the biometrics done before actually getting notification from IRCC to do biometrics?

Thank you in advance.
Short answer is no. They send you a very detailed and specific Biometrics letter for you to make an appointment at a visa centre for them to process you. They do give you 60 days to get it done though so unless your spouse will be away for that time, they can wait to return. Just means a longer delay in your processing. The biometrics letter comes pretty fast so you might get the letter before then and will be able to fulfill the request.