+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get PPR, but my wife is pregnant and expecting baby after one month

nap_ias

Jun 12, 2012
I got my PPR on 1st June 2012.But my wife is pregnant and expecting a baby on 18th July 2012.Should I submit our passports at this moment or should i wait till baby born? What should i do to add my baby as my dependant?How much time it will take to add my baby as dependant?Can any one please share one's experince or knowlege?

Thanks in advance.....

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you already got the passport request you should inform the visa about the situation and mention that you would add the new born after birth.

In order to add a child to FSW applicant's application, you need:

1. Notarized copy of my baby's birth certificate.
2. copy of baby's passport.
3. 4 photographs.
4. Updated Form IMM5406 (Additional Family Information) for me and my wife including my baby's info.
5. Updated Page 2 of Form IMM0008 (Application for Permanent Residence in Canada) for me including my baby's info.
6. Form IMM5620 (Fee Payment Form - Application for Permanent Residence Federal Skilled Worker Class) including processing fee of Canadian $150 for child.

phdapplicant

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
wilson said:
As you already got the passport request you should inform the visa about the situation and mention that you would add the new born after birth.

In order to add a child to FSW applicant's application, you need:

1. Notarized copy of my baby's birth certificate.
2. copy of baby's passport.
3. 4 photographs.
4. Updated Form IMM5406 (Additional Family Information) for me and my wife including my baby's info.
5. Updated Page 2 of Form IMM0008 (Application for Permanent Residence in Canada) for me including my baby's info.
6. Form IMM5620 (Fee Payment Form - Application for Permanent Residence Federal Skilled Worker Class) including processing fee of Canadian $150 for child.
If my baby was born in Canada, do I have to do step 2 to step 6?
Thanks

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phdapplicant said:
If my baby was born in Canada, do I have to do step 2 to step 6?
Thanks
If born in Canada the child will automatically be a Canadian citizen by birth. The provincial rules to be followed for registering the birth, health insurance etc...

MAKY

Sep 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
Nomination.....
09-03-2010
AOR Received.
11-11-2010
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
11-11-2011
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2012
LANDED..........
11-11-2012
Also factor in if its safe for your wife to fly at her stage of pregnancy. Thats if u have to travel soon b4 ur child is born.all d best

Goran01

May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
Dec 2009
File Transfer...
Dec 2009
Med's Request
Apr 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012 but expiry extended per request by VO
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully June 2013, IA
LANDED..........
Hopefully July 2013, IA
I am in a similar situation, except even worse.

Five weeks ago I received a telephone call and an email from the VO asking to send passports for visa/CoPR. I explained my situation to immigration officer that my wife is 6.5 months pregnant and if I am to travel within a month then i should get our passports stamped ASAP. She said that I should send the passports as the VO can process our passports within 2 to 3 weeks. So the next day i had sent the passports but now it is five weeks since that. Today the gynecologist advised my wife against travelling as she has complications.

I am now thinking to email the VO asap explaining that we have an upcoming change of family composition and that they should NOT issue visa/CoPR at this stage. I know that our passports are still with them as i have DHL prepaid receipt/tracking no. If the VO has not yet stamped our visas/CoPR then is it possible that they will hold off from issuing visa/CoPR?

The due date of birth is end of December. Once our baby is born i will send them updated Application Forms, notarized copies of child's passport & birth certificate and photos, this may take one month atleast after birth. So if i send all the above things by end of January and our medical expire on May 8, 2013 then is it possible that they issue us passport request (PPR) before May 8th. How long does it take to add a child to a FSW PR application? Is the baby's medical also required?

Seniors please advise.

Kind regards,

bryan98

Star Member
Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.0 Score
Med's Request
April 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012 ECAS...Meds Recieved
Passport Req..
June 2012, RPRF - Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
18/1/2013...DECISION MADE
Please go through the following links as I had the same situation a few months back.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/qorax-pmm-and-others-plz-help-regarding-medical-t123554.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/addition-of-new-family-member-to-application-in-process-t120552.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/newborn-baby-addition-to-applicationhow-t112501.0.html

Goran01

May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
Dec 2009
File Transfer...
Dec 2009
Med's Request
Apr 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012 but expiry extended per request by VO
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully June 2013, IA
LANDED..........
Hopefully July 2013, IA
Dear byran98, please can you tell me how long it takes for the visa office to add the new-born baby to the PR application? when you sent the baby's passports etc then how long after that did you ask for baby's medical?