+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get Married after COPR, what to do?

Pisuduo

Jan 19, 2024
Hello, I need help, please. I got married in my home country after I got the paper of 'Confirmation of PR', but I have NOT landed in Canada Yet. However, my husband is not accompanying me to Canada this time. What should I do? Do I need to prepare material about my husband for IRCC? If So, how can I do that?

PS: I informed IRCC via web form about marital change, but I got a weird reply saying that no action needs to be taken (which seems not to answer my question). Can anyone help? Thanks!

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Hello, I need help, please. I got married in my home country after I got the paper of 'Confirmation of PR', but I have NOT landed in Canada Yet. However, my husband is not accompanying me to Canada this time. What should I do? Do I need to prepare material about my husband for IRCC? If So, how can I do that?

PS: I informed IRCC via web form about marital change, but I got a weird reply saying that no action needs to be taken (which seems not to answer my question). Can anyone help? Thanks!
Your COPR states single (correct?) but you are married. Your information at the time of landing should be accurate.
They should have sent you updated forms and have you return COPR/visa.
Send them another webmail. I wouldn’t land without having this rectified as your file will have “closed” by then and you can’t update marital information.

Reactions: Lord_Tony

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020

At the time of landing, you will be married so you cannot land using current COPR. You need to add your spouse. So get the docs ready. Send them an response email to the email id mentioned on your Ready for Visa email. Web form works but it will take time.

Sharpen

Jul 3, 2024
Hi @Pisuduo

Any update on your situation? My partner just received her Ready for Visa email but we're still a month+ away from the marriage date so will have no choice but to get the COPR stamped on her passport for now. Hoping it's not a problem to add the spouse afterwards (before landing).