+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get IMMI>work surv job>get a Candn Masters degree.Whats wrong with this plan?

yamagama

Nov 11, 2016
Hello everyone,

I have a degree in Electronics Engr and related experience of 6 years (in Instrument & Control in Energy sector) and I am doing a good job in Pakistan.

I am thinking to:

1. Apply for immigration/ get PR
2. Work survival jobs cz I know its not possible to get a related job with intl experience
3. Once I become eligible for federal student assistance programs like OSAP I will get admission in Masters in say Univ of Ontario Inst of Technology in Engineering Management
4. Do part time work
5. Complete my studies and get a good job

I need to know that:

1. What could possibly go wrong with this plan?
2. I will bring my wife and 2 years old son with me, would I be able to cover my expenses with OSAP and a small part time job. I have heard that CAD2,000 per month is enough for desi small families
3. Would I be able to get admission in Masters? The masters eligibility of Engineering Management of UOIT page says nothing about relative Canadian work experience but I have a friend in Canada who says you wont get admission in Masters without relative local experience
4. Is P.Eng necessary for getting admission in Masters or getting a job afterwards?

I added links but I am not allowed to post links

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
yamagama said:
Hello everyone,

I have a degree in Electronics Engr and related experience of 6 years (in Instrument & Control in Energy sector) and I am doing a good job in Pakistan.

I am thinking to:

1. Apply for immigration/ get PR
2. Work survival jobs cz I know its not possible to get a related job with intl experience
3. Once I become eligible for federal student assistance programs like OSAP I will get admission in Masters in say Univ of Ontario Inst of Technology in Engineering Management
4. Do part time work
5. Complete my studies and get a good job

I need to know that:

1. What could possibly go wrong with this plan?
2. I will bring my wife and 2 years old son with me, would I be able to cover my expenses with OSAP and a small part time job. I have heard that CAD2,000 per month is enough for desi small families
3. Would I be able to get admission in Masters? The masters eligibility of Engineering Management of UOIT page says nothing about relative Canadian work experience but I have a friend in Canada who says you wont get admission in Masters without relative local experience
4. Is P.Eng necessary for getting admission in Masters or getting a job afterwards?

I added links but I am not allowed to post links
I see two problems:

1) Survival jobs are good for a single person, not for a family.
- So 2000 for a single family is bare minimal, that means not even a coffee in the mornings. Keep this in mind.
- Also 2000 a month is like 35K anually which doesn't fall into "survival job". Survival jobs are around minimum wage which is like 12/h that is like 25K a year. You are fallin quite short, and at that level each dollar matters.
2) You do not know what is your level compared to Canadian average, so you might not be able to get into a grad program.

Make alternate plans, your plan is OK, but it is too tight and at the first misstep you could be in a very exposed position.