+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

genuine non-accompanying spouse and dependent EE

snakeriver

Jul 27, 2020
Hi there,

I have an american born and citizen wife with a child(6 years old) that I only have seen once. After several months of marriage I left, only returned once to US to visit the child as a tourist. We live separate lives and didnt care about divorce as we live in different countries. Now, I am getting ready for EE application and I disclosed them in my account, I marked married as marital status as we havent done anything legal toward divorce.

I know that I will be asked medical and PCC for them but I am not on good terms and it is not possible to do that. Wife grew up with step father and her biological father is canadian as she told me before. She visited them before in the last couple of years (reunited after a long time). So, she has been in Canada before and she doesnt need my sponsorship etc to move there. She could have even canadian passport I dont have any info but most probably not.

I was wondering, without getting divorce, can I convince the VO to waive medical and PCC for them as the wife has no intention nor problem to go Canada by herself? I mean as far I see many people use this as a backdoor to claim more points on EE to get PR then later sponsor their family. I have zero intention of doing this as wife and kid are already american and have connections in Canada. Can somebody who is experienced advise ?

Last edited: