+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

MarkSpenser

Star Member
Mar 23, 2023
That also happens for a lot of non-SS users too. Not sure if there's a correlation.
I have not seen a single FSW case where there was a CV ADR and the tracker status was "Background verification status has been updated to In progress," and the person did not end up on SS afterward. If you have "a lot" such examples, please provide links to them. I can save you some time by saying that there are no such cases on this forum.

Reactions: TTBR

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey guys, I am new to the topic of the difference between "Background Check" and "Security Screening".

Our couple's timeline in 2024 is:
EE FSW French Draw - 1 February
AOR - 10 March
Biometrics Request - 15 April
Biometrics Submitted - 18 April
Medical Passed - 15 April (used the medical for entry to Canada in 2023)
Biometrics Passed - 18 April
Eligibility - Not Started
Background - In Progress

Since our "Background verification status has been updated to In progress", does this mean we should be worried about delayed processing of our application? How do you known when the update refers to a normal routine check and when an application goes into 11-13 months screening check mentioned in this thread?

Another question, from your experience on this forum, is there any difference in processing times between Inland and Outland applicants in terms of Background / SS and the whole application?

Reactions: Varltnx

Kingra92

Mar 14, 2023
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
22-11-2022
Doc's Request.
13-12-2022
AOR Received.
22-11-2022
Aor Nov 2022