+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS NOTES HELP-STUDENT VISA

jaiatluri

Mar 18, 2020
Hi,

I applied for my study permit on the 12th of march and for GCMS notes a couple of weeks ago as there was no progress and got them last night.
I am pretty confused and The last activity states that my criminality status has not yet been started and no dates are given. Can anybody help on what all columns to look at which will help me get a clearer picture.

THanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I applied for my study permit on the 12th of march and for GCMS notes a couple of weeks ago as there was no progress and got them last night.
I am pretty confused and The last activity states that my criminality status has not yet been started and no dates are given. Can anybody help on what all columns to look at which will help me get a clearer picture.

THanks in advance
Due to covid processing has been incredibly slow. Essentially nothing has been done.

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hi,
Off topic, could you please tell me how you applied for GCMS notes and how long it took to get processed?

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hi,

THanks in advance
which country are you?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

Eng.abla

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Hi,

THanks in advance
Hello,
Did you manage to understand your notes or got any updates? I received mine and they are also in stage criminality not started. There is no eligibility assessment section, so I guess didn't start yet.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hello,
Did you manage to understand your notes or got any updates? I received mine and they are also in stage criminality not started. There is no eligibility assessment section, so I guess didn't start yet.
Look at the assessment section usually around page 2 and then also look at the notes in the last few pages of the file. Keep in mind that the GCMS notes are usually generated around the time when they are requested not when they are released. What that means is if your GCMS file took a long time to arrive then the information is likely stale.

Reactions: Eng.abla

Eng.abla

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Look at the assessment section usually around page 2 and then also look at the notes in the last few pages of the file. Keep in mind that the GCMS notes are usually generated around the time when they are requested not when they are released. What that means is if your GCMS file took a long time to arrive then the information is likely stale.
Many thanks for your reply. I got it fast as only submitted on 4th June. It seems as per the notes nothing changed since 27 Feb (applied 24 Feb). In the assessment section, the below is mentioned:
Eligibility: review required
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed-bio
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrep:
Other Req:
Info Sharing: In progress
Final:
Counterfoil Req: yes

Please advise if you know what it means and in which stage it is?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Many thanks for your reply. I got it fast as only submitted on 4th June. It seems as per the notes nothing changed since 27 Feb (applied 24 Feb). In the assessment section, the below is mentioned:
Eligibility: review required
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed-bio
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrep:
Other Req:
Info Sharing: In progress
Final:
Counterfoil Req: yes

Please advise if you know what it means and in which stage it is?
Looks like you are at stage 1 of eligibility review which is the most important stage. The analyst or assistant has marked your file for a review required by the immigration officer. Likely your notes section spells out the reason for this. Also info sharing is in progress likely associated with your travels to the US or another partner country of Canada which have info sharing agreements.

Eng.abla

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Looks like you are at stage 1 of eligibility review which is the most important stage. The analyst or assistant has marked your file for a review required by the immigration officer. Likely your notes section spells out the reason for this. Also info sharing is in progress likely associated with your travels to the US or another partner country of Canada which have info sharing agreements.
Thanks for your feedback. Nothing interesting in the notes, only one change by them where they changed my name from capital letters to small letters. It seems nothing has been done or progressed in the application since long time. And yes, I travelled to US before.
Hope things will progress faster so I get feedback before August.

Once again, thanks for your support

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thanks for your feedback. Nothing interesting in the notes, only one change by them where they changed my name from capital letters to small letters. It seems nothing has been done or progressed in the application since long time. And yes, I travelled to US before.

You are welcome and all the best. Hope things work out for you soon.

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012

I think ypu not studied well gcms notes send me private massage