+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCKey logs out unexpectedly

architgarg

Aug 25, 2023
I've kept an auto-reload of 6 minutes to avoid session timeout on GCKey, but in an hour or two it still logs out saying the session is invalid/expired.

Does keeping GCKey open always, affect IRCC in anyway while processing/updating our application

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I've kept an auto-reload of 6 minutes to avoid session timeout on GCKey, but in an hour or two it still logs out saying the session is invalid/expired.

Does keeping GCKey open always, affect IRCC in anyway while processing/updating our application
Just curious, why would you prevent your gckey account from timing out? Keeping the gckey open will not fast track your application in any way.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I know it won't help, but curious me wants to find out if any downsides to that
Gckey is just a web portal that IRCC can update the applicants on the status of the application. IRCC may or may not update each applicant's gckey in a timely manner, so in a way there's no connection IMHO.

Potential problem, IMHO, is the very remote chance of timing out and auto-reload happening at the same moment. Could mess up the communication and lock out your account. Again, this is just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

Reactions: architgarg

architgarg

Aug 25, 2023
Gckey is just a web portal that IRCC can update the applicants on the status of the application. IRCC may or may not update each applicant's gckey in a timely manner, so in a way there's no connection IMHO.

Potential problem, IMHO, is the very remote chance of timing out and auto-reload happening at the same moment. Could mess up the communication and lock out your account. Again, this is just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.
Thanks rcincanada2019

Reactions: rcincanada2019