+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gay Couple applying under express entry as common law partner(North Africa )

Unkown-lover

Nov 13, 2021
Hello,
I've been living with my partner at his parents house for more than one year now.
in complete secrecy. unfortunately, we live in Algeria where it is illegal ,and dangerous to be homosexual.so we live in a complete secrecy ,our families know us as friends.
we thus want to immigrate together to Canada through express entry because we fell under the common law partner descriptions.
-here is the proof we got during our cohabitation :
We started cohabiting together on December 2020 and we have only an Statutory declaration from his father (the owner of the house ) stating the date where i started to live there.All the official fees such as Water, electricity etc.. are paid by us under his parents names.
We re including all this :
-the IMM5409 and notarized online.
-A letter requesting that our application only be examined by staff canadian or in vo canada .And stating the legal and society issue in Algeria and that we re not out for our family.
-a cover letter where i talk about us
-a letter of explanation ,explaining why we can’t provide documents such as joint account ,joint propriety
-letters from 2 Friends ,and my cousin ,talking about us and confirming that we re living together +a letter from his friend that lives in the same city.
-an officiel paper from my work where there s my adresse on it.
-our bank accounts has the same adresse.
-we have few bills all on my name at his adresse (the thing is ,that the oldest one date from novembre 2021).
Some of the information mentioned above is really complicated to acquire because of the secrecy of our relationship along with our country's law and religion .

1-Is the thing mentioned above are sufficient ?
2-what can we add more ,any help ,idea ?

any help ,advice would be really helpful
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I've been living with my partner at his parents house for more than one year now.
in complete secrecy. unfortunately, we live in Algeria where it is illegal ,and dangerous to be homosexual.so we live in a complete secrecy ,our families know us as friends.
we thus want to immigrate together to Canada through express entry because we fell under the common law partner descriptions.
-here is the proof we got during our cohabitation :
We started cohabiting together on December 2020 and we have only an Statutory declaration from his father (the owner of the house ) stating the date where i started to live there.All the official fees such as Water, electricity etc.. are paid by us under his parents names.
We re including all this :
-the IMM5409 and notarized online.
-A letter requesting that our application only be examined by staff canadian or in vo canada .And stating the legal and society issue in Algeria and that we re not out for our family.
-a cover letter where i talk about us
-a letter of explanation ,explaining why we can’t provide documents such as joint account ,joint propriety
-letters from 2 Friends ,and my cousin ,talking about us and confirming that we re living together +a letter from his friend that lives in the same city.
-an officiel paper from my work where there s my adresse on it.
-our bank accounts has the same adresse.
-we have few bills all on my name at his adresse (the thing is ,that the oldest one date from novembre 2021).
Some of the information mentioned above is really complicated to acquire because of the secrecy of our relationship along with our country's law and religion .

1-Is the thing mentioned above are sufficient ?
2-what can we add more ,any help ,idea ?

any help ,advice would be really helpful
Thank you
Include pictures/chats over the past few years. As long as you have documentation that you live together so any statement between the two of you that you have the same address. Banks accounts should be joint so being at the same address is not relevant. Are you eligible for Express Entry and have completed language tests and ECAs.

Unkown-lover

Nov 13, 2021
Include pictures/chats over the past few years. As long as you have documentation that you live together so any statement between the two of you that you have the same address. Banks accounts should be joint so being at the same address is not relevant. Are you eligible for Express Entry and have completed language tests and ECAs.
Hi ,
Yes we re eligivle for express entry ,we re currently in with a 513 score.
For the bank joint account ,this doesnt exist in the country even for straight married couple.
As mentioned the law here condamne homosexuelity for 2 years of prison .
-we re currently posting 20-30 during our relation ,most of them showing clearly that we re in the same house in different period ,and screenshoots of our discussion talking about me coming living with him.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi ,
Yes we re eligivle for express entry ,we re currently in with a 513 score.
For the bank joint account ,this doesnt exist in the country even for straight married couple.
As mentioned the law here condamne homosexuelity for 2 years of prison .
-we re currently posting 20-30 during our relation ,most of them showing clearly that we re in the same house in different period ,and screenshoots of our discussion talking about me coming living with him.
All you can do is apply with what you have and hope for the best.

Best case scenario they accept you as common law. Worse case, they don't accept you. In that case the primary applicant would need to land in Canada and become a PR and then sponsor the partner through the family class conjugal stream.

Reactions: Naturgrl