+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Future Wife Sponsorship from Pakistan

sphinx_gold

Feb 5, 2013
Hello Guys,

I need your expert advises,

Im in Canada on PR and I just wanted to know about the new immigration policy and step by step procedure for sponsoring a wife from Pakistan,

As of now im Single, but soon i'm gonna get married with my future wife in pakistan. Assuming that after preparing her marriage certificate, Passport and CNIC i can sponsor her.

First of all i would like to know
1- Nikkah on phone is acceptable for Immigration Department? or do i really have to go there to get marriage license or will do proper rukhsati and keep all of the receipts for proof.
As far as concern about proof my family can take care of that in terms of capturing nikkah moments only (movies and pics) without rukhsati, What do you guys suggest?

2- Somebody told me that from april 2011 the visa policy has been changed in a way that the processing time is now increased from 9 months to 22 months? i need a little guidance in this regard as well...

3- What are the steps, i've also head of two steps .... Sponsoring a spouse to immigrate to Canada is divided into two parts. Can anyone please also guide me in this regard in detail... how to do everything.. please guide me i really need your expert advises.

Thank you guys, really looking forward for your advices..

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
sphinx_gold said:
First of all i would like to know
1- Nikkah on phone is acceptable for Immigration Department? or do i really have to go there to get marriage license or will do proper rukhsati and keep all of the receipts for proof.
As far as concern about proof my family can take care of that in terms of capturing nikkah moments only (movies and pics) without rukhsati, What do you guys suggest?
OK, some people have been accepted without the nikkah. some people have been accepted with doing this over the phone. Almost always the visa officer will reject the application without the nikkah. The applicant sometimes then wins on appeal, but it can take two years for an appeal to be heard. You will be far better off in terms of time and money to just get both the nikkah and rukhsati done the proper way. I would go there for both - again, just because anything done over the phone will probably be questioned. You do not want to have to go to an appeal.
And have traditional ceremonies, as elaborate as you can afford. Get everything photographed. The vos from Islamabad suspect fraud, so you need proof of everything.
2- Somebody told me that from april 2011 the visa policy has been changed in a way that the processing time is now increased from 9 months to 22 months? i need a little guidance in this regard as well...
Yes, the processing time for Islamabad is around 22 months for 80% of the applicants. It can be much faster - faster is usually because the visa officer has no doubts about the genuineness of the relationship. Doing both the nikkah and rukhsati, and having a big ceremony with both families involved will help the vo think the relationship is genuine. Omitting the nikkah or doing it over the phone will most likely result in increased processing time.
3- What are the steps, i've also head of two steps .... Sponsoring a spouse to immigrate to Canada is divided into two parts. Can anyone please also guide me in this regard in detail... how to do everything.. please guide me i really need your expert advises.
The sponsor has to apply to sponsor; the applicant has to apply to immigrate. Both sets of forms are sent together to Mississauga, where the sponsor will be assessed. If approved, all the forms are then sent to Islamabad.