+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Further Questions from CIC on my Family Sponsorhip Application

lynkcus

Jul 30, 2014
Hi All,
I am looking for advice regarding my Family Sponsorship Application for my parents.

I sent my application on December 19, 2023.
September 12, 2024: I received an email from CIC Mississauga as a "FINAL NOTICE", asking me for a bunch of documents, which I must provide in the next 30 days (For info, this is the first time I received this email. I don't know why it's a FINAL NOTICE)

The requested information is excessive and I do not understand the request itself. Am I supposed to submit, for example, every single bank statement since I came to Canada? Why 5 years then the last 2 years? That's A LOT.
Has anyone had the similar experience and how did you respond?

For information, I am currently living outside of Canada for the last 1.5 years (for job reasons)

Client Information: Please provide a written explanation regarding your marital status. This
must be received at this office by: 2024/10/10
> Insurance: For the last five years or since obtaining permanent resident status in Canada
(whichever period is shorter), provide a copy of a house/apartment and car insurance For the last two years
provide a copy of a house/apartment and car insurance.
This must be received at this office by: 2024/10/10
> Lease/Deed: For the last five years or since obtaining permanent resident status in Canada
(whichever period is shorter), provide a copy of a Lease/Rental Agreement or proof of home ownership (i.e.
property deed) For the last two years provide a copy of a Lease/Rental Agreement or proof of home ownership
(i.e. property deed).
> Credit Card/Bank/Phone: For the last five years or since obtaining permanent resident status in
Canada (whichever period is shorter), provide original copies of credit card statements, bank statements, and
phone bills (including cell phone if applicable) For the last two years provide original copies of credit card
statements, bank statements, and phone bills (including cell phone if applicable).
> Health Card: A copy of the front and back of a provincial health card A copy of the front and
back of a provincial health card.
> Utility Bills: For the last five years or since obtaining permanent resident status in Canada
(whichever period is shorter), provide original copies of gas, hydro, and water bills For the last two years provide
original copies of gas, hydro, and water bills.
> Travel hist. for all countries: Travel records and/or Records of Movement from all countries for
which you have a passport or travel document for the last five years or since obtaining permanent resident
status in Canada (whichever period is shorter) Travel records and/or Records of Movement from all countries
for which you have a passport or travel document for the last two years.
Travel History into Canada: A report of travel into Canada can be obtained free of charge by
writing to: Canada Border Services Agency, 410 Laurier Ave. West 11th floor Ottawa, ON K1A 0L8. A report of
travel into Canada can be obtained free of charge by writing to: Canada Border Services Agency, 410 Laurier
Ave. West 11th floor Ottawa, ON K1A 0L8.
> Employment/School Letter: For the last five years or since obtaining permanent resident status
in Canada (whichever period is shorter), provide letter(s) of employment or contract(s) from Canadian
employer(s), and/or letter(s) of acceptance for Canadian educational institute(s) For the last two years provide
letter(s) of employment or contract(s) from Canadian employer(s), and/or letter(s) of acceptance for Canadian
educational institute(s).
> Passport (Residency): For the last five years or since obtaining permanent resident status in
Canada (whichever period is shorter), provide a complete copy of every page of all passports (including current
passports) For the last two years provide a complete copy of every page of all passports (including current
passports).
> Driver’s licence: A copy of both sides of a driver’s licence A copy of both sides of your current
driver’s license.
> Recent travel Itinerary: It appears that you have recently travelled outside of Canada. Provide a
copy of a travel itinerary and the applicable ticket stubs If you have recently travelled outside of Canada provide
a copy of a travel itinerary and the applicable ticket stubs.
> Paystubs: For the period specified, submit all paystubs received from all employers (if the
employer has a Year-to-Date summary of income on each pay cheque, submit only the paystub that includes the
final date of this period) For the last two years, submit all paystubs received from all employers (if the employer
has a Year-to-Date summary of income on each pay cheque, submit only the paystub that includes the final date
of this period).
UNQUOTE