+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds required for OINP

ibk

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
How much amount of bank balance I need to show before applying for OINP?
Do I need to keep the required amount since 6 months before applying for OINP?

IMTS

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
It depends on rhe number of dependants you have. It's posted on CIC's site.

I've read that the fund need to be under your name for at least 90 days, but also have read that it needs to be six months. I'm not sure

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IMTS said:
It depends on rhe number of dependants you have. It's posted on CIC's site.

I've read that the fund need to be under your name for at least 90 days, but also have read that it needs to be six months. I'm not sure
they ask for 6 months bank statement, only to see if you have taken loan or not
even if you have required funds for 7 days or so, its enough... provided you give them explanation as to how you got the funds... like house sale, gold sale, car sale, garage sale (LOL) whatever.

and like you mentioned - depends on how many dependants you have... for 1 it starts from $13k, 2 is $16k, rest i cant remember.. its there on their site

IMTS

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
thestunner316 said:
they ask for 6 months bank statement, only to see if you have taken loan or not
even if you have required funds for 7 days or so, its enough... provided you give them explanation as to how you got the funds... like house sale, gold sale, car sale, garage sale (LOL) whatever.
What if my funds are in a deposit certificate and not an account?

Sep 29, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
02-05-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-04-2017
IMTS said:
What if my funds are in a deposit certificate and not an account?
Fixed deposits are fine as long as they can be withdrawn anytime. The key here is unencumbered funds, which means money that is readily available (fixed deposits, shares, savings etc.). Properties such as houses and cars cannot be used as they cannot be readily translated into cash.

IMTS

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
MalaysianEngineer said:
Fixed deposits are fine as long as they can be withdrawn anytime. The key here is unencumbered funds, which means money that is readily available (fixed deposits, shares, savings etc.). Properties such as houses and cars cannot be used as they cannot be readily translated into cash.
Thanks a lot