+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds for Spouse Sponsor??

habibi007

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
Can I use my foreign bank statement to show thay I have funds to support my spouse?
If yes, then can bank account statement download from digital app be used?

I have just moved to Canada, almost a month go as PR. Now I'm sponsoring my wife, though hopefully I will start a part-time job soon, but what should I do in my case? Is foreign bank statement acceptable? though official IRCC website states that source of income/funds is not necessary when sponsoring only spouse.

PLEASE HELP

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You don’t need to show a bank statement to sponsor your spouse. You just can’t be on welfare to sponsor
Not quite correct. Although no specific funds necessarily we have seen cases where there have been PFLs where there is concern that family will not be able to support themselves in Canada without government help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can I use my foreign bank statement to show thay I have funds to support my spouse?

I have just moved to Canada, almost a month go as PR. Now I'm sponsoring my wife, though hopefully I will start a part-time job soon, but what should I do in my case? Is foreign bank statement acceptable? though official IRCC website states that source of income/funds is not necessary when sponsoring only spouse.

PLEASE HELP
Yes I would attach proof of any funds you have and update your file when you hopefully find FT employment not PT. Would be very difficult to survive on only PT employment in Canada.

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024

PLEASE HELP
Hi. I would suggest you provide a bank statement from any bank account you have and other documents required in terms of financial according to the checklist and come up with an explanation letter informing them about your situation.