+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds Available for my Stay in Canada????

Misterfrank

Sep 20, 2023
Hello,

Good day to you all.

I am completing my Canada study permit application and I got stuck on the "Finance" section. They ask about four questions under this section:
First, state the total fees to be paid to the school for entire duration of the program- My course is undergraduate of three years (CAD$20,000 X 3)= CAD $60,000.
Second, state the total amount for food and lodging for the duration of the program ($10,000 X 3 = CAD $30,000).
Third is Optional, but I will add miscelaneous of CAD $15,000 since living expenses have been on the increase in Canada currently.
The forth question is what I don't undertsand, please help! They ask us to state "Funds Available For Your Stay In Canada". Would I state the funds available for the first year of the progrmme or the three years? If it is the three years, that would amount to stating around CAD $100,000????

Pls advise...many thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

Good day to you all.

I am completing my Canada study permit application and I got stuck on the "Finance" section. They ask about four questions under this section:
First, state the total fees to be paid to the school for entire duration of the program- My course is undergraduate of three years (CAD$20,000 X 3)= CAD $60,000.
Second, state the total amount for food and lodging for the duration of the program ($10,000 X 3 = CAD $30,000).
Third is Optional, but I will add miscelaneous of CAD $15,000 since living expenses have been on the increase in Canada currently.
The forth question is what I don't undertsand, please help! They ask us to state "Funds Available For Your Stay In Canada". Would I state the funds available for the first year of the progrmme or the three years? If it is the three years, that would amount to stating around CAD $100,000????

Pls advise...many thanks
The funds available are how much you have in your bank account for the length of studies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shmiler

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
You need to show at least the first full year of funds are available to you. In your example that would be $20,000 tuition plus $10,000 accommodation plus $5,000 miscellaneous = $35,000.

In reality, if you have more money then show more money.

I think it's safest if you can show your first year of tuition completely paid and at least $20,000 in your account, but that's anecdotal advice.

Good luck with your application.