+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full-time work experience means what?

mamun1997127

Feb 13, 2009
in the guideline: factor 3, work experience written

you will earn points for the number of years you have spent in full-time (37.5 hours per week), paid work..

I worked as lecturer in a university, in the appoint letter there written I have to serve 36 (thirty six) hours per week as a full time employee.

Is there any problem??

Please, reply me..

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
I worked as Computer and IS Manager for 5 days a week, equivalent to 5x8hrs=40hrs.
So I guess I am safe.
mamun, you did work beyond 37 I guess as you had to spend in college for seeing the students, checking the answer sheets, making class lecture copies etc. so that makes you like me as I spent for over 40 hrs at my workplaces beyond my stipulated time. My problem is I had nothing written on my agreement with the employer about working hours. its the country and company policy for any IT staff of such organizations to work for 8 hours per day. Rupesh, please comment

helpmeimmigrate

Star Member
Feb 16, 2009
mamun1997127 said:
please reply...anyone..
Hi there,

Believe me it does matter what your employer writes for you. If it is possible to get a new letter staing that you worked full time with atleast 37.5 hrs per week, fine, gud for you.

In case you are unable to get that, don't worry 36 is not bad, you can explain in your cover letter why it is 36 and that you actually spent more time working or sometimes your worked 6 days a week. You know what I mean.

Documents are important to your application, make sure your duties on the letter are in sync with your NOC code.

Mini, good luck

Murs

Feb 2, 2009
I've worked as the Assistant Manager of a restaurant for 4 years in UK . But due to my Postgraduate study I'd to work part time 20 hours that period.
Can I claim point for 2 years ( half of 4 years part time) Job experience?

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
CIC clearly state that they accept work experience of a full-time basis, or part-time equivalent

Rupeshhari has suggested doing a bit of math to show how long your less-than-full-time work experience can be converted into full-time equivalent

20 hours per week for two years = 40 hours per week for one year, with a bit to spare

I agree with that method

mamun1997127

Feb 13, 2009
In one organization: I worked 20 months for 36 hours per week that equivalent to 20 months full-time job, am i right?

Now I am in another organization working over 5 months as a full-time employee, here in contract no time schedule mentioned.

Thus am I eligible for more than 2 years experience?