+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full time work during studies

Farshin

Aug 17, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

For the last two years, I have been both studying and working, full time. I can get a reference letter from my employer stating that I worked 40 hours a week as a full time employee for the last two years. Noting that, would the immigration office still split my work experience time to half considering it as a part time job because it was during my studies?

I started this 2-year full time master program in 2006 but because of this job, it lasted close to 4 years for me to graduate.

Jaysaini

Jun 18, 2010
It will be considered as Full time only...what ever it may be(During studies) if u did 38 hours per week then it will be considered as full time only...

Farshin

Aug 17, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone else can confirm this please?

G

gte439u

Farshin said:
Anyone else can confirm this please?
The visa officer will probably scrutinize your application more carefully. The Operational Policy states that you are to be awarded for full time work if the employer confirms this. Attending school full time and working full time is common, even in Canada, and the visa officer will probably understand this.

RChettiar

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Visa Office......
New DElhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Appl. Recd by CIC on 18th July
Doc's Request.
Sent notarized documents
AOR Received.
17th October, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent Original alongwith application
File Transfer...
2nd AOR - 11th Nov.,2011
Med's Request
27th Jan 2012
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2012
Interview........
Hmmmmm..... i dont mind!!!
Passport Req..
27th Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped 1st March and Recevd on 13/3/2012
LANDED..........
25th June 2012
Hi,

I am from India, I too have the same query, I was studying in UK which was a sandwich course and have one full time work experience which was part of my course, will the work experience be considered for qualifying for PR inspite of having a permanent job offer from a employer in Canada.

By the way, your query is also somewhat the same but can you tell me where did you complete your studies, was it within Canada or outside Canada.

Your reply would be a great help to me.

Best regards,

BDSkilled

Oct 15, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
December 2010
You must be carefull about your Backgrounf Declaration Then You will not be awarded MAX 20hours work weekly Simultaneously 15 Credit Hours Study.

You must Also carefull ur Applied NOC code What is their Requirements?

Good Luck

RChettiar

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Visa Office......
New DElhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent notarized documents
AOR Received.
17th October, 2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
2nd AOR - 11th Nov.,2011
Med's Request
27th Jan 2012
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
27th Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25th June 2012
Hi,

Sorry I am not clear what you have stated. My course was a two year sandwich type of course wherein one year was full time study (here i worked part time 20hrs during study and worked full time 38hrs during vacation) the second year is a full time work placement which was part of my course wherein I have worked for 40 hours per week and had been given proper responsibilities ,i have appointment letter, salary slips, bank statement etc. This work placement was not a sort of internship but a proper work placement but ofcourse I was on a student visa in UK.

Can some one plea***********se help, since I got a permanent job offer and applied for AEO, but worried whether this work experience would be considered or not, since only with this experience i make 67points.

I would be really thankful if someone could help me with this query.

Best regards,

G

gte439u

RChettiar said:
Hi,

Sorry I am not clear what you have stated. My course was a two year sandwich type of course wherein one year was full time study (here i worked part time 20hrs during study and worked full time 38hrs during vacation) the second year is a full time work placement which was part of my course wherein I have worked for 40 hours per week and had been given proper responsibilities ,i have appointment letter, salary slips, bank statement etc. This work placement was not a sort of internship but a proper work placement but ofcourse I was on a student visa in UK.

Can some one plea***********se help, since I got a permanent job offer and applied for AEO, but worried whether this work experience would be considered or not, since only with this experience i make 67points.

I would be really thankful if someone could help me with this query.

Best regards,
If you can demonstrate that your work experience falls into NOC 0, A, or B, then it will satisfy the requirements for immigration to Canada. The fact that you have one year of work experience incidential to an education program does not change the fact that it was work experience.

RChettiar

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Visa Office......
New DElhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent notarized documents
AOR Received.
17th October, 2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
2nd AOR - 11th Nov.,2011
Med's Request
27th Jan 2012
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
27th Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25th June 2012
Hi,

Thank you very much for a prompt response, as you have stated it falls in the NOC category but my designation was a F & B assistant during my full time study and during my full time work placement though officially my designation was a F & B assistant but i was given duties and responsibilities at a supervisory level wherein I have performed all the duties stated in the NOC list 06312 for Restaurant and Bar Manager. I have got a work experience letter from my employer where all this is clearly mentioned it is also mentioned that i was acting supervisor performing the various duties and responsibilities which is almost matching as per the NOC list. I also have employers appointment letter where it is mentioned that i am under full time work placement. I have salary slips, bank statement, tax proof and also college offer letter which says that my second year is full time work placement which is part of my course

Your reply has put lot of hopes in me, again under the above circumstances will i qualify for PR with the support of approved permanent job offer for the post of Restaurant and Bar Manager from HSRDC (AEO) which definitely comes under 29 occupation list.

Best regards,

R Chettiar

G

gte439u

RChettiar said:
Hi,

Thank you very much for a prompt response, as you have stated it falls in the NOC category but my designation was a F & B assistant during my full time study and during my full time work placement though officially my designation was a F & B assistant but i was given duties and responsibilities at a supervisory level wherein I have performed all the duties stated in the NOC list 06312 for Restaurant and Bar Manager. I have got a work experience letter from my employer where all this is clearly mentioned it is also mentioned that i was acting supervisor performing the various duties and responsibilities which is almost matching as per the NOC list. I also have employers appointment letter where it is mentioned that i am under full time work placement. I have salary slips, bank statement, tax proof and also college offer letter which says that my second year is full time work placement which is part of my course

Your reply has put lot of hopes in me, again under the above circumstances will i qualify for PR with the support of approved permanent job offer for the post of Restaurant and Bar Manager from HSRDC (AEO) which definitely comes under 29 occupation list.

Best regards,

R Chettiar
CIC's operations policy is very specific that your job title is not determinative of the NOC category of your work. Make sure that your letter from your employer reflects what you did and who your supervised in your work.

RChettiar

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Visa Office......
New DElhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent notarized documents
AOR Received.
17th October, 2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
2nd AOR - 11th Nov.,2011
Med's Request
27th Jan 2012
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
27th Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25th June 2012
Do I need to show funds eventhough If I have approved AEO.

Rgrs

G

gte439u

RChettiar said:
Do I need to show funds eventhough If I have approved AEO.

Rgrs
You do not need proof of funds if you have an approved AEO.